More threads by NevenaIvanova

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,

Yesterday, I removed a Google listing from a bulk account, due to its permanent closure, via the "Remove business" option in the drop-down menu.

Remove business - Bulk account.jpg

Today, I was amazed to see that this had led to the entire removal of the listing from the map, and I should note it was a page with numerous reviews and images generated for a long period of time.

I compared this menu with the one available in the new GBP dashboard and saw that there's a disclaimer "The business and some basic information will still appear on Google Search and Maps", plus there's no info in the relevant Help article that this can result in page deletion, so I thought it's good to share this event with you and understand whether there's some update that is not yet announced, or it's rather a technical glitch.

Thanks,
Nevena

Not a technical glitch. I find it does this if you were the one to create the listing, or for certain industries.

I've seen them get deleted for garage door repair, personal injury lawyers, and realtors.

Answering the above questions:
  • No, it is not an agency account or a bulk verified account.
  • The business in question is a well-known restaurant in London
  • I didn't create the listing

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom