More threads by Lucia

Lucia

Reaction score
From my research, it sounds like Storefronts (where biz never goes to customers - Like a gym) - don't need to define a service area. But I’m not sure why it would hurt anything, so why not do it anyway? Is there a reason not to add a service area for this type of business?

Second Question: - Is the service area needed (or does it have any effect) if the address isn't hidden?

Let me know what you guys think!

@Lucia:

1st question: the main reason not to set a service area for a bricks-and-mortar business is it doesn't help rankings. It doesn't help rankings even for an SAB, but at least for an SAB the service area will show up on the map in the business's knowledge panel. Not so for a business that shows the street address.

For me, at least, there are three other issues: (2) a couple of occasions when bricks-and-mortar clients of mine set a service area and then seemed to take a dip in the rankings, (2) Google often auto-updates / overwrites your service area anyway, (3) any GMB feature you use is one that can break or cause problems down the road.

2nd question: no. It doesn't help.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom