More threads by Eoghan_Aircam

Solutions
Reaction score
Care to share how they impacted performance for your single location / multi-location campaign?

Was stock or location specific imagery used?

If anybody is up for piloting a campaign with me where we provide some location-specific photos, let me know!

Ref: About image extensions - Google Ads Help

I try to add image extensions to all my local search campaigns. I avoid stock images as they are not as "friendly" as client-provided or location-specific images. On the campaigns I run them on, we see increases in CTR pretty quickly, as well as some images I even see conversions from. Not 100% sure what that means, but I assume it is when a user clicks on the image or ad with an image and then converts, Google gives credit to the image extension.

highly recommend adding them!

Care to share how they impacted performance for your single location / multi-location campaign?

Was stock or location specific imagery used?

If anybody is up for piloting a campaign with me where we provide some location-specific photos, let me know!

Ref: About image extensions - Google Ads Help

All I can say is my squares (1:1) perform very much better than my rectangles (16:9). Location-specific imagery performs only slightly better than stock photos. Therefore, I can safely say that the majority of my users are on mobile (hence the preference for 1:1 photos) & I'll only use stock images if absolutely necessary.

Hope this helps.

Just curious what niches do you all even see image extensions showing for? I don't think I really see them all that much, although I'm not deliberately looking for them.

The whopping majority of image extension impressions are on mobile. I looked at one client (home services) and this was the impact for a 2.5-month period last year.

• With the Image Extension: $59.33 a conversion, 4.99% conversion rate
  • Overall numbers for mobile $68.06, 4.37% conversion rate
So the cost per conversion was lower and the conversion rate was higher with the image compared to overall stats on mobile. There doesn't really seem to be a way to measure the performance without the extension, unfortunately.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom