More threads by IanJohnson

IanJohnson

Reaction score
I recently had a client ask if Google uses the amount of driving direction requests on their GMB listing as a ranking factor and if they should be encouraging more of their customers to use this feature to boost their rankings. To my knowledge, this won't push the needle in any meaningful way (please correct me if I'm mistaken!), but I figured I would check the forums to see what others' thoughts were on this matter.

Last edited:
This is my opinion only, but I suspect that any engagement signals (click to call, click for directions, photo views, leaving reviews, etc.) are used to determine prominence and influence rankings.

I agree with Rich. As with anything ranking related someone needs to do some testing to see what the impact is. I haven't seen any tests before but I think it would be an exciting one to test.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom