More threads by Yourname

Reaction score
All things equal, if New York City is removed from "Service Areas" in GMB, will a previously 3 pack ranking business in NYC now no longer show to searchers in NYC?

Thanks Colan. Very helpful article as well. The conundrum is this. Since you're in Toronto, I can use the actual city names.

The business address is in Burlington. They sometimes show in Oakville's 3pack as well as Milton's 3pack. The leads coming in from Milton have been extremely bad, costing a lot (in sales person's time on phone), etc. They are fine with ranking in Burlington and Oakville, but would prefer not to rank in Milton.

That's a tricky one because all three of those cities fall under Halton Region, so I wouldn't want to de-optimize for Halton Region as it's a good local signal for Google.

I'd do a site: search for the website + Milton plus scan the web for any mentions as well. Either way, might be tricky since they all fall under Halton Region and Milton is smaller so it's easier to rank there even if not physically located there.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom