More threads by seonoobie

seonoobie

Reaction score
We currently have a very well-established business. Rank number 1 on google search and number 1 in number of reviews in our area. We are looking to expand into surrounding areas. What is the best way to do this? I have no previous SEO experience.

There are a few different things you can work on and their effectiveness will depend on how competitive these surrounding areas are.

You can create pages on your website that target these specific areas. We call these city pages.

You can run Google ads and target those areas.

You can potentially have your Google business profile rank in those areas but again it depends on the level of competition.

There are a few different things you can work on and their effectiveness will depend on how competitive these surrounding areas are.

You can create pages on your website that target these specific areas. We call these city pages.

You can run Google ads and target those areas.

You can potentially have your Google business profile rank in those areas but again it depends on the level of competition.
If you have time and resources, i then recommend working on creating content on the city pages mentioned above. This also adds to improving SEO, because in the content you can add keywords that are not spamming the website and in turn it may attract more visitors to the page to read - which would indicate the search engine that your website has value.

Your city pages will rank surprisingly well since your already ranking at the top in search. I would still only use one GBP unless your service area is expanding 50 miles or greater in radius.

Since no one has discussed that specifically, I'll point out that generally trying to get secondary locations is not very efficient anyway. At best you run a high risk of having them merge or suspend, at worst, you end up with a bunch of locations that don't rank anyway because good luck not having the main listing siphoning away all the reviews... (because users search business names and that's the listing that pops up)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom