More threads by joshchampagne

joshchampagne

Reaction score
By way of introduction, I'm an experienced SEO and Wordpress guy. I've built many Wordpress based websites and while the flexibility is limitless, the maintenance and development costs for these types of websites begs the question. Is it overkill for a small biz (especially with Google's trend to keep B2C visitors from even hitting the website itself in the buyer's journey). That being said, I've been very impressed by the GoDaddy website builder which is a modular builder with many options and virtually everything a Local SEO expert could want with plugin integration for GMB, Yelp, and many other directory type 'connections' easily added via their 'click to connect' approach.

The question: What's your current favorite quick and easy website creator for small businesses who can't and perhaps shouldn't need to really afford a full-blown $5-10k custom-developed WordPress website?

If a business can't afford a website I'm not sure I'd be talking to them lol

However, I'd probably defer to the GMB website but would only do that if you don't really care about SEO.

Anyone who cares about SEO needs a solid foundation which starts with a good website and I always suggest Wordpress.

I agree with Joy. Those builders are really more for people who don't have any money to spend on marketing and need something to just get off the ground and get going. If you're going to be consulting with someone on SEO and have a goal in mind to actually grow traffic/revenue from organic search, then you need to be working with a platform you'll have more control over.

If a business can't spend the money on a well designed & developed website, then they probably don't have the money yet for other important marketing activities.

If you're just consulting with someone how to get started on their own, then I might also lean towards Mailchimp's website builder. It's free and you'd have the email capture built in. Features are very limited like the other ones mentioned, so don't sink too much time into it.

The question: What's your current favorite quick and easy website creator for small businesses who can't and perhaps shouldn't need to really afford a full-blown $5-10k custom-developed WordPress website?
There's no reason that a simple WordPress site for a small local business shgould cost anything like "$5-10k". A fair price would be in the hundreds, not the thousands.

$1500 is the about the cheapest in our area, at least for developers I'd feel comfortable directing anyone to.

By way of introduction, I'm an experienced SEO and Wordpress guy. I've built many Wordpress based websites and while the flexibility is limitless, the maintenance and development costs for these types of websites begs the question. Is it overkill for a small biz (especially with Google's trend to keep B2C visitors from even hitting the website itself in the buyer's journey). That being said, I've been very impressed by the GoDaddy website builder which is a modular builder with many options and virtually everything a Local SEO expert could want with plugin integration for GMB, Yelp, and many other directory type 'connections' easily added via their 'click to connect' approach.

As an agency you might want to consider Duda. Might be a good fit, might not. Very helpful white-label options so you can give customers access all under your brand and domain.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom