accessted

Reaction score
Hello Group,

Can anyone give me some recommnedations on getting a Service Area GMB Unfiltered? It is not suspended, but quit showing in any results. If I type exact name it shows but that does not do me much good. It is an old listing (8-10 years) and maybe at one point I posted a photo that was shared with another GMB. Not sure what steps I could take to unfilter it to show on results again.

Also any other ranking tips that are newer ? I have all the basics down pretty well.

Thanks for any advice.

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Unless it's in the same building as - or otherwise extremely close to - another business that's in the same category or a very similar one, then it's probably not filtered.

One thing I'd do is confirm that you're in fact not ranking for zip, by (1) checking "Performance" and "Queries" in Search Console and (2) spot-checking your rankings in various locations in the Anonymous Ad Preview Tool.

Then I'd reevaluate those basics, and whether you check the main boxes:

• Does GMB point to the landing page URL (rather than to a "location" page)?
  • Does the title tag pleasantly plump with the main 1-2 search terms and 1-2 cities you care most about?
  • Does the homepage describe your service area explicitly?
  • Does the homepage have a paragraph or so on every specific service you care about, with links to the corresponding subpages?
  • For that matter, do you have an in-depth page on every service that's a priority, and do you link to those pages at every good opportunity?
  • Do you get at least a steady trickle of Google reviews, and maybe reviews on other sites?
  • Do you have at least a few links from sites relevant to your location, and a few other links relevant to your profession, and did those links take a little trouble to get?

And so on. I'd call those the basic basics, and if you focus on those you'll always be at least in decent shape.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M GMB results showing filters - Ratings / Hours / View History Google My Business & Google Maps 4
BrentCarnduff GMB Filtering similar businesses with same address? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
WAHamilton Main listing filtered by duplicate, after duplicate is marked as 'closed' Google Duplicates & Merges 6
H Should I filter these self referrals? Organic SEO 0
R Facebook reviews dropped to 0; Google filtering reviews temporarily? Local Reviews 2
H Main Hospital Listing Getting Filtered Google My Business & Google Maps 3
J Filter Issue with Smart Campaign? Help & Support for Google Local 4
AndySimpson Images That Will Cause Your Google Posts to Fail and Filter Your Google Posts Google My Business & Google Maps 35
H Reviews not showing up from Facebook? Does FB filter reviews? Local Reviews 10
SteinCoffee How to design content strategy to avoid filtering? Organic SEO 1
dsb264 Filtering in Maps? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
JoyHawkins Yelp Review Filter Just Got Stricter? Local Reviews 5
Rich Owings Yelp now filters reviews with check-ins Local Reviews 10
F Business name filtering out Google Review Local Reviews 2
JoyHawkins Google Just Rolled Back the Possum Proximity Filter Google My Business & Google Maps 3
D Filtered Service Area Business Service Area Businesses 5
Dino Filtered Service Area Business Service Area Businesses 5
Garrett Sussman Google Local Pack Filters Out Businesses With Less Than 4 Stars Local Reviews 2
H Perceived Penalty / Filter - Google Local Purgatory Recycle Bin 11
D Google My Business Local Spam Filter: Per Google patent & Slawski article July 4 Local Search 13
Travis Van Slooten Yelp Filters Reviews from Active Yelpers? Local Reviews 8
Jared What Triggers the Local Search Filter in Google? Local Search 6
H Verbatim - Anyone else see this filter feature? Local Search 1
Dustybones Is Google going to filter reviews embedded on your site? Maybe not? Local Reviews 1
Linda Buquet New Google Review Filtering Option & the Review Inflation Factor Local Reviews 1
Dustybones Understanding the Google + Review Filter: Local Visibility System Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Linda Buquet Ultimate Guide to Finding Google Local Reviews that were Filtered/Removed Local Reviews 6
rossicone Google Review Filter & Linking Directly to G+ Local Reviews 9
Linda Buquet Google Local Algo Change or Did Spam Filters Get Dropped? Google My Business & Google Maps 10
Phil Rozek Checklist: keeping Google+ reviews from being filtered Local Reviews 5
Linda Buquet Country Filter - Chinese Spammers Mod Squad 2
Mike Wilton The Real Deal With Yelp Reviews and the Filter Mobile & Social 10
Linda Buquet HOT Google Review Trick & Great Example of Why we Have a Review Spam Filter Local Reviews 12
Linda Buquet Build Google+ FILTER Bubbles NOT Links - The Algo is Curating our World Local Search 0
JoyHawkins Avoiding the Google Local Review Filter Help & Support for Google Local 4
Linda Buquet Tips for Avoiding the Googe+ Local Review Spam Filter Local Search 2
greenworld_ GMB Products Image Size Google My Business & Google Maps 0
W Is it possible to remove reviews on GMB? Local Reviews 4
Jen Currier Would you set up an Architect client with a Hybrid/SAB GMB listing if the location was residential? Service Area Businesses 2
jross Incomplete GMB Listing Error? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Jen Currier Is there any advantage, besides a single sign in, to having all clients connected to our GMB account? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
R GMB star rating popup on mobile Local Reviews 4
Annika Neudecker Mysteriously vanishing GMB listings Google My Business & Google Maps 5
A Listing suspended due to account manager spamming? Google advise to create new GMB Local Search 13
chrism Local Competitor Keyword Stuffing/Similar Words In GMB Spam on Google 2
L How to reset the address that has been hidden on GMB, if they move locations? Local Search 1
S How to remove a GMB from maps of a previous owner who ran 3 businesses from the same address Google My Business & Google Maps 6
valentinb13 GMB uses residential address—but client wants to use PO Box for other citations... Citations 3
NickB-Tampa Should all the phone numbers on the landing page to our GMB listing be included in the structured data? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
FriarTuck00 Question Regarding GMB Listings and Phone Numbers Multi-Location Issues 3