More threads by Hec93

Hec93

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I would love to know if some of you might have some insights regarding this specific problem that I am facing: I manage a GBP profile for a client and when wanting to add a secondary category, specifically one that is called "Air Conditioning Repair Service", this one is not available to me. The closest match is "Air Conditioning Repair Shop" that does not quite describe the searches for which I want this GBP to appear for. I understand that secondary categories are less (?) important than the primary, yet, all direct competitors of this client have this "Air Conditioning Repair Service" among their categories, which I am pretty sure is not hurting them whatsoever.

Is there a reason for which some categories are available to others but not to me?

You're seeing two different names for the same category. I see this sometimes in French because the Canadian and European French names are not always the same. I've had times with the same profile open in search and in Maps and they show different names for the same category!

If you look in Pleper, You'll see they are the American and British for the same category.

You're seeing two different names for the same category. I see this sometimes in French because the Canadian and European French names are not always the same. I've had times with the same profile open in search and in Maps and they show different names for the same category!

If you look in Pleper, You'll see they are the American and British for the same category.

Hi, thank you for responding! I also use Pleper on a regular basis (amazing amazing tool for local SEO). From the data recollected with the tool is where my doubt born as it is showing all direct competitors have "air conditioning repair Service" instead the one that is available to me. Probably they cover the same predetermined services inside the category, I guess I will have to try it.

Hi, thank you for responding! I also use Pleper on a regular basis (amazing amazing tool for local SEO). From the data recollected with the tool is where my doubt born as it is showing all direct competitors have "air conditioning repair Service" instead the one that is available to me. Probably they cover the same predetermined services inside the category, I guess I will have to try it.

While names in non-english languages often become identical ("building instpector" and "home inspector" have the same name in French), English category names are kept distinct from each others. If your location flag is accurate, I am 100% confident this is what happening here (basically, british and US english are both foreign languages to your location).

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom