More threads by cfazio

cfazio

Reaction score
Yext has the ability to control GBP categories for linked accounts through their dashboard.

Any disadvantage to changing GBP categories through Yext API vs. in the actual GBP dashboard?

Is there a higher risk of categories not getting accepted / suspension for legitimate changes higher when using Yext API vs. GBP dashboard?

Any input would be awesome, Yext is easier for managing a ton of client's GBP categories.... but not if there is a disadvantage that I am not aware of.

It really depends on the number of locations you are managing, but for me, in general, I don't like hooking up 3rd party tools that have the ability to edit GBP data. I've seen the impact of a category being changed when it shouldn't and it's never pretty.

I've seen the impact of a category being changed when it shouldn't and it's never pretty.

Thanks for the response, Colan!

When you say "category being changed when it shouldn't" - are you referring to a technical error from a 3rd party tool? Or human error, but being from a 3rd party tool having a harsher reaction from Google?

I'm referring to a 3rd party pushing out the wrong GBP category for instance. Which overwrites the category inside the GBP dashboard. That is one that I have seen have devastating consequences.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom