More threads by ForwardMotion

ForwardMotion

Reaction score
I have a client who is a Realtor (SAB) that has had a GBP up for a long time. Both her and I are administrators for her GBP listing. All of a sudden her listing is gone. It is no longer in my dashboard or hers and can't be found by searching for her at all. She had reviews and was asking clients to leave her reviews and now there is no GBP listing. What in the world happened? Is there any way to get it back with the reviews or is it just gone. It was just in my dashboard the other day and now it is no where to found. Can someone please help us with this? She is in a panic as she has worked hard to get reviews and build her business and to have her GBP just disappear is very disheartening. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

So sorry to hear you have to go through this, if you have the CID and even the business profile id you may be able to recover it.

I say you may be able because Google can recover deleted profiles, but when you ask to Google support most of the time they say they can't, probably internal procedure, but I had a client who had their profile deleted and they knew someone at Google HQ, so when Google support failed to recover the profile, they got in contact with the Googler and after a couple of days the old deleted profile (same cid and place id!) went live and verified.

Alternative, if you have CID, is to create a new profile and then request to transfer reviews from the deleted profile, as reviews are on Google Maps ecosystem.

I have a client who is a Realtor (SAB) that has had a GBP up for a long time. Both her and I are administrators for her GBP listing. All of a sudden her listing is gone. It is no longer in my dashboard or hers and can't be found by searching for her at all. She had reviews and was asking clients to leave her reviews and now there is no GBP listing. What in the world happened? Is there any way to get it back with the reviews or is it just gone. It was just in my dashboard the other day and now it is no where to found. Can someone please help us with this? She is in a panic as she has worked hard to get reviews and build her business and to have her GBP just disappear is very disheartening. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The profile just disappeared or got suspended?

The profile just disappeared or got suspended?

It just disappeared. I have dealt with many suspended ones before. This one is gone. No where to be found. It's no longer on my dashboard, my client can't pull it up on her end anymore and when I do a search I can't find it at all. It's like it was never created, but I know it was because it's been live for quite some time and I have helped her with it. She even had 5 reviews. I've never had this happen before, so not sure what to do. Neither of us have the CID # or the Profile ID, so unless someone knows something I don't, she might just be out of luck and have to start all over. Trying to find out if that is the only option she has at this time. Thanks for any help you can offer.

There's been stories of people getting profiles restored because they had the CID, but support's been such a shitshow for the last year that I wouldn't count on it. When we tried, they politely told us to go take a hike.

It just disappeared. I have dealt with many suspended ones before. This one is gone. No where to be found. It's no longer on my dashboard, my client can't pull it up on her end anymore and when I do a search I can't find it at all. It's like it was never created, but I know it was because it's been live for quite some time and I have helped her with it. She even had 5 reviews. I've never had this happen before, so not sure what to do. Neither of us have the CID # or the Profile ID, so unless someone knows something I don't, she might just be out of luck and have to start all over. Trying to find out if that is the only option she has at this time. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Does she have any email from Google (reviews, updates, etc)? The links on the emails normally contain the cid and business profile id.

The email google sent to the primary owner when the profile first became live, do you have that? normally there is a link in there to the profile.

Interestingly, we had this exact same thing happen is Nov 2023 too. No apparently reason behind it. Google Support say (as Joyce mentioned above) they can't restore it, but I know we've had one restored in the past so part of me suspects it may partly be down to whether the individual knows they can/can be bothered to.

I know in the past I've had discussions with GBP support where they've said X isn't possible.... until I've shown them how to do it! (Yep - GBP support sadly it really that bad & lacking in knowledge sometimes)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom