More threads by Mindquest

Reaction score
Probably not new but just noticed on one clients GBP listing that under the "Suggest an edit" button and above the "Question & Answers" section Google added 4 questions with drop downs. Each question's dropdown has a link to a competitor.

Q. Is there a way to remove this?
Q. Is this happening because the client does not have any questions in the "Question & Answers" section?
Q. Anyone have a link to an article talking about this change?

Any thoughts would be helpful!

Screen Shot 2023-01-18 at 9.24.54 AM.jpg

Last edited:
So I spent some time yesterday and today on the forum, the Sterling Sky blog and other Local SEO places and haven't found out what this is. Anybody see this before? @JoyHawkins @Colan Nielsen

Talked to a couple other SEO's and they haven't seen it before either.

Google support might be able to help. We see random things like that get pulled into the KP all the time. A lot of the time it's pulled in from a website that is ranking organically for the branded search and in most cases, marking whatever the thing is up with Schema.

Google support might be able to help. We see random things like that get pulled into the KP all the time. A lot of the time it's pulled in from a website that is ranking organically for the branded search and in most cases, marking whatever the thing is up with Schema.

Thanks for the reply, with a little more snooping it looks like it is a "Things to know" section but I didn't know that a "Things to know" section could be inserted into a GBP panel? Send you a DM with some screenshots.

The business is probably being treated as what I call a "mixed panel": it pulls significant content from both Knowledge Graph and the business profile. I usually see it on stuff like Colleges and Profiles that are also entities (e.g. major tourist attractions).

Seeing a PAA or PAA-equivalent in there is definitely unusual, though.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom