More threads by jmshap

jmshap

Reaction score
I’m just curious how often people are posting on GBP and if you are finding a sweet spot. It seems that local authority reporting tools like DBA and PlacesScout default at 1 per week but that feels like a lot to me. No evidence though. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Sterling Sky did a test on this and determined that offer posts are the most clicks on type of post. I typically recommend 1 or 2 offers posts a month, you want to give time for people to see the post and click on it. Whenever you have a new offer or promotion you should add it as a GBP offer post. If you have no offers one month, do a Free Consultation or similar type offer post.

test i am referring to Google Posts: What We Learned From Analyzing Over 1,000 Google Posts
Sterling Sky did a test on this and determined that offer posts are the most clicks on type of post. I typically recommend 1 or 2 offers posts a month, you want to give time for people to see the post and click on it. Whenever you have a new offer or promotion you should add it as a GBP offer post. If you have no offers one month, do a Free Consultation or similar type offer post.

test i am referring to Google Posts: What We Learned From Analyzing Over 1,000 Google Posts

Solution

Thank you so much.

Google posts don't increase rankings, and there is talk that they no longer trigger a justification.

I’m far from an SEO pro so I might be misunderstanding what a justification is and my testing method probably isn’t proper.
With that said, when I use Safari on my iPhone in incognito mode to search for the term “Electrician“ my company comes up in the three pack with this offer:
IMG_1339.jpeg

I’m far from an SEO pro so I might be misunderstanding what a justification is and my testing method probably isn’t proper.
With that said, when I use Safari on my iPhone in incognito mode to search for the term “Electrician“ my company comes up in the three pack with this offer:
IMG_1339.jpeg

You don't have to be a pro to share and show examples. This is a great example. I am curious about what Claire was seeing and observing.

Yesterday a Google post showed up in the photo section. I just checked again so I could upload a picture and now it doesn’t show. Although the layout is different. There’s a carousel of pictures at the top.

Curious what people would recommend with posting offers where there is only 1 offer but extends over a few months. I see a lot of recommendations to repost offers monthly, but with how GMB displays the offers under the "deal" tab on mobile reposting an offer that is not changing will just stack up a bunch of the same thing.

I'm not crazy about that but I'm curious if someone would still recommend reposting the offer. I think if the offer doesn't change then posting it once and it always being listed under the "deals" tab is sufficient. But maybe I'm missing something.

Side Note: I hope Google adds a more obvious signal on the profile that an offer is available. I'm sure there are a lot of people that don't know to go side-scrolling for the "deals" tab or even looking around the profile. All this stuff is very new for a lot of people and sometimes the design Google chooses is quite interesting. 😂

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom