More threads by hajnasiewicz

hajnasiewicz

GMB Product Expert
LocalU Member
Reaction score
If anyone can help I would be so greatly appreciative. We relaunched 3 websites over the last three weeks and our location page URLs have changed. I submitted the updated URLs (for the website button on our GBP) regular URL and UTM and Shortened UTM and Google just throws it out and continues to present the former URLs. Any ideas how I can get these accepted into our Business Profiles. I'm really stuck and leadership is watching, closely :eek:. Thank you.

Solution
Honestly, if the change has been accepted by teh system but is not being displayed, I'd got with google Support asap. Although support will explicitly not help before a certain delay. When we had a SAB still showing a streetview after the address was hidden, we were told to basically not to bother them until a month(1) after edit acceptance 😒🤬

Note that you have to check BOTH the edit window and the right-hand panel "preview" to know whether the edit has been accepted because sometimes only the latter will display the "google is evaluating your edit" message! The only good thing to come out of that switch is an easy access to the profile ID.

(1) yes, it did fix itself after about three weeks, but a month? That's still a pretty ghastly...
Honestly, if the change has been accepted by teh system but is not being displayed, I'd got with google Support asap. Although support will explicitly not help before a certain delay. When we had a SAB still showing a streetview after the address was hidden, we were told to basically not to bother them until a month(1) after edit acceptance 😒🤬

Note that you have to check BOTH the edit window and the right-hand panel "preview" to know whether the edit has been accepted because sometimes only the latter will display the "google is evaluating your edit" message! The only good thing to come out of that switch is an easy access to the profile ID.

(1) yes, it did fix itself after about three weeks, but a month? That's still a pretty ghastly delay for a computer system to propagate a modification!!

Solution
If the edits aren't being saved, maybe doing multiple at a time is causing a problem. Instead, possibly edit just one URL and see if it saves and displays. If so, then edit another.

I know in years past, there were issues if you updated too many things at the same time it would cause problems (I can't remember if it just wasn't saved or triggered a review) - but something worth trying.

agreed, I have tried this. I was able to update one, I used UTM and shortener, seems to have stuck but I will watch it to see if it reverts back. Thank you for your replies all.

If anyone can help I would be so greatly appreciative. We relaunched 3 websites over the last three weeks and our location page URLs have changed. I submitted the updated URLs (for the website button on our GBP) regular URL and UTM and Shortened UTM and Google just throws it out and continues to present the former URLs. Any ideas how I can get these accepted into our Business Profiles. I'm really stuck and leadership is watching, closely :eek:. Thank you.

You have contact GBP support as it’s a technical issue. If support can’t correct it, escalate it.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom