More threads by tsosa

tsosa

Reaction score
Since June my listing is returning a result of "not found" in the search grid portion of BrightLocal. But when I google my keyword and city I do see my listing in position 4. Does anyone know what causes this? BrightLocal is telling me to use their tool "Local Search Results Checker" and this returns a "not found" value.

When I asked them what causes this, they advised me to login to this forum and ask the question. This is the first time I've seen this, and the listing was previously in position one in May. Any thoughts?

1660317845083.jpg

@tsosa
I did check your rank with the GMB Everywhere's Teleport tool. It seems you have decent ranking. See screenshot below.
1660392897446.jpg

I cannot comment about BrightLocal since I have not used it myself. I do notice though that your screenshot shows NF rather than 20+, which is the case for most grid search tools when a business is not ranked. So I am guessing this might not neccessarily mean you have low ranking?

Hi tsosa, I can see you’ve recently spoken to the BrightLocal support team about this, and I’m pleased to see you’ve reached out to the forum community as suggested.

As previously mentioned, Local Search Grid is showing ’N/F’, which directly reflects what can be seen on Google.

To confirm this, we searched on Local Search Rank Checker, using the keyword ‘addiction treatment’ and ‘Scranton PA’ as the search location.

This screenshot of the tool shows there are no local search results using this keyword in this search area and this matches with the NF result in the Local Search Grid.

Screenshot 2022-08-15 at 15.21.12.jpg

Because we can’t provide 1:1 consultation on Google results, we thought it would be a great idea to reach out to other local SEOs on this forum, to see if anyone else had experienced similar search results, or had any insights about why Google will sometimes not return any local search results for specific keywords, when there are relevant local services that are in the area.

Hopefully, we’ll find the answer, and I look forward to hearing everyone’s thoughts in the meantime.

Jenny at BrightLocal.

@tsosa
I did check your rank with the GMB Everywhere's Teleport tool. It seems you have decent ranking. See screenshot below.
1660392897446.jpg

I cannot comment about BrightLocal since I have not used it myself. I do notice though that your screenshot shows NF rather than 20+, which is the case for most grid search tools when a business is not ranked. So I am guessing this might not neccessarily mean you have low ranking?

Thanks William, this is very helpful. I installed this extension too, and Im getting the same result. Not sure why BrightLocal is showing it as Not Found. Their definition of Not Found is below position 20.

Hi tsosa, I can see you’ve recently spoken to the BrightLocal support team about this, and I’m pleased to see you’ve reached out to the forum community as suggested.

As previously mentioned, Local Search Grid is showing ’N/F’, which directly reflects what can be seen on Google.

To confirm this, we searched on Local Search Rank Checker, using the keyword ‘addiction treatment’ and ‘Scranton PA’ as the search location.

This screenshot of the tool shows there are no local search results using this keyword in this search area and this matches with the NF result in the Local Search Grid.

Screenshot 2022-08-15 at 15.21.12.jpg

Because we can’t provide 1:1 consultation on Google results, we thought it would be a great idea to reach out to other local SEOs on this forum, to see if anyone else had experienced similar search results, or had any insights about why Google will sometimes not return any local search results for specific keywords, when there are relevant local services that are in the area.

Hopefully, we’ll find the answer, and I look forward to hearing everyone’s thoughts in the meantime.

Jenny at BrightLocal.

Hi Jenny. I still have an open support ticket on this. I am seeing traffic coming from the listing and actions performed during the time period that it says NF on BrightLocal. Is there a glitch in the system? I have requested to elevate this ticket and waiting to hear back from your team.

Hi Jenny. I still have an open support ticket on this. I am seeing traffic coming from the listing and actions performed during the time period that it says NF on BrightLocal. Is there a glitch in the system? I have requested to elevate this ticket and waiting to hear back from your team.

Thank you for elevating your ticket - our support team will follow up with you directly, and you should hear from them shortly.

Jenny

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom