More threads by fpaschoal

fpaschoal

Reaction score
How do you think when a company set Social Media URL on GMB website URL field instead of their own domain URL, (even if they have website), because they want to attract more customers for one of these social media sites ?

- Do you think it is a poor behaviour, affecting Local SEO ?
- Do you think it can affect Website Authority ?

Any extra considerations ?

Thank you !

I see this all the time for companies that don't have websites. If you have a website, it's not a good strategy as a user or Google will likely automatically adjust the listing in the future to point to the website.

Yes, exactly!, As I see, sometimes Google set the website automatically, and I never heard about Google set some social network automatically ; A few years ago I was with Google GMB Support by phone and they told me to avoid to set social networks on website field, even why some social networks are Google competitors;

And if we considering the following situation:
1. A Bike Shop that does have a Website and it is set on GMB
2. A Bike Shop that does not have a Website and have the Facebook/Insta/LinkedIn/Twitter... set on GMB

If we consider that both the stores have the same 'authority / relevance' (maybe it's not the best example but lets suppose, ok) that on GMB the only difference is the website field, does it make sense to consider that Google could prioritise: 1. Companies with own website, and then 2. Companies with Social Network as 'website URL '?So the first company could have slightly more relevancy because of that ?

Because from my point of view, companies that have their own domain, website (even a basic one) are more serious and committed with their customers / businesses online that companies that only uses free services;

Thanks again !

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom