More threads by Orioricm

Orioricm

Reaction score
Hello,

I have the belief that the domain authority of the web helps the business profile.

It has logic.

But what about businesses that have Instagram or Facebook pages linked to the business profile?

I ask because I have a competitor who does not work the profile, but has linked his facebook. And he is in good positions, what do you think?

Do you mean linking to a Facebook or Instagram from the GBP listing? I do not think this has any impact on rankings at all. In fact, linking to a well optimized website is much better than a 3rd part social media profile.

Your competitor could be ranking well do to a combination of authority (age) of the listing, number of reviews, GBP optimizations, and general brand awareness in the area.

Hello,

I have the belief that the domain authority of the web helps the business profile.

It has logic.

But what about businesses that have Instagram or Facebook pages linked to the business profile?

I ask because I have a competitor who does not work the profile, but has linked his facebook. And he is in good positions, what do you think?

There were some ppl doing tests a few years back where they used their apple maps url in their GMB profile, rather than their own url, and ranked higher, though it's not/wasn't exactly kosher TOS-wise.
Testing is the only thing you can do.

Thanks for the answers...

I still don't understand why a barely worked profile with a link to instagram beats me... it's disappointing.

Hello,

It has logic.

I'm assuming that the domain authority you mentioned refers to MOZ's Domain Authority.

Your belief (about domain authority of a website) is correct. However, the same criteria cannot be applied to a social media url. Google is probably monitoring other signals (I'm speculating here without hard evidence) of the social media url such as likes, engagement, etc to determine if the "domain authority" of the social media url is strong or not.

So the big question is.... Is your social media "strong"?

I like what you say because that business really works well social networks. On the other hand, we do not do anything on social networks.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom