More threads by nicoco

nicoco

Reaction score
Following covid, a lot of people have decided to start their own small business operating from home. Using technology such as zoom, skype or Microsoft team, it is now perfectly normal to deal with local customers directly online. I, for example, just got in touch with an accountant to sort out my taxes and only dealt with him over the phone or on zoom calls.
According to google's guidelines, to be eligible for a Business Profile on Google, a business must make in-person contact with customers during its stated hours. Since this was written before covid, does it still apply? If it doe, s surely tons of businesses are now in breach.

Any help or resources to read would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Yep, those rules still apply. I think Google understands that a lot of businesses went virtual during COVID with the intention of going back to their offices later. I know that was true for many attorneys we work with. GMB was designed for local-focus so it wouldn't work well for a business that was looking to get customers nationwide. Do you have a specific industry example that is planning on doing everything online but still only taking customers locally?

Yep, those rules still apply. I think Google understands that a lot of businesses went virtual during COVID with the intention of going back to their offices later. I know that was true for many attorneys we work with. GMB was designed for local-focus so it wouldn't work well for a business that was looking to get customers nationwide. Do you have a specific industry example that is planning on doing everything online but still only taking customers locally?
Thanks, Joy
My accountant seems to be heading down that path. He is local and although I guess he could deal with clients nationwide my understanding is that he only deals with local clients

An accountant definitely qualifies for a GMB listing so I would say he's fine even if most of his meetings are virtual.

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom