More threads by DaphneTalbot

DaphneTalbot

Reaction score
Hi,

We got a call from the Ad Agency who manages this account. They noticed that the menu in the GMB listing on phones is showing incorrect prices and items. We cannot figure out where the menu info is being fed from or where to update it.

We've looked online. It seems other restaurants seem to be having the same issue. Based on the online chatter, other restaurants have tried updating the GMB menu but the info is not making it to the mobile display. That was about all the info we found on the mysteriously fed menus on mobile phones.

The chain has several locations.
Has anyone found a way to fix this?
Has anyone found that manually entering does or does not fix this or is there any way to get this info removed and/or updated?
Are there any recommended services that could push this out for us?

Thanks! Daphne

IMG_3201.PNG

Hi Daphne, can you confirm which location that is?

Hi Daphne, yes that is it, thanks.

I actually can't replicate what you are seeing but I think that is because I am in Canada. Here's what I see on mobile. It shows the actual menu link and links to the website.

1588796445657.png

Can you confirm that it is not coming from the "Menu" that is specified inside Google My Business? See screenshot below for what I am referring to. And if that is already updated, are the edits "under review"?

1588796918421.png

I actually can't replicate what you are seeing but I think that is because I am in Canada. Here's what I see on mobile. It shows the actual menu link and links to the website.

1588796445657.png

Can you confirm that it is not coming from the "Menu" that is specified inside Google My Business? See screenshot below for what I am referring to. And if that is already updated, are the edits "under review"?

1588796918421.png
Thanks

1588796445657.png

1588796918421.png
Thanks Colin. What we foud is when we manually entered products into the Menu it overrode what was being fed from an outside source which took care of the problem. Thanks again for you Help.

Hi Daphne,

This is likely the source: Swadley's Bar-b-q

There are menus for other locations on their site as well Swadley's Bar-b-q Swadley's Bar-b-q so check for all.

You can contact SinglePlatform (I recommend calling them) and see if they can either update or remove the menus from their site: Contact Us - SinglePlatform
Tom Thanks for finding that. We will definitely call them to remove the information from the web. We also found many other versions of their Menu so we are in the process of trying to mahage that as well. Daphne.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom