More threads by Jmenicole22

Jmenicole22

Reaction score
We have been going back and forth with google for over a month regarding our GMB page.

The original listing was in Liberty and once new ownership took over, we changed the address to Lee's Summit but Google would not verify. After going back and forth now we are suspended for "deceptive activity."

I would like to add that prior disgruntled employees may have reported us but without reason. Any help is appreciated.

Unique Painting
200 Mcnary Ct
Lee's Summit, MO 64086
816-500-7759

My friend you are not alone. Got my notice yesterday. Same scenario, over a month of pleading with them to correct my information. Profile was originally setup w/ temp address. After changing to new office address, and going thru multiple verifications, the GBP image still shows the temp address and not the address that's in the profile. I was even successful in getting them to call me (thanks to this group) and all they would say is "yeah that looks weird, I'll escalate to another group." Steve Wonder could see the addresses don't match and that's not something I can fix. Just seems like they could care less of the impact they're having. At least tell us what looks deceptive so we can provide clarity.

My friend you are not alone. Got my notice yesterday. Same scenario, over a month of pleading with them to correct my information. Profile was originally setup w/ temp address. After changing to new office address, and going thru multiple verifications, the GBP image still shows the temp address and not the address that's in the profile. I was even successful in getting them to call me (thanks to this group) and all they would say is "yeah that looks weird, I'll escalate to another group." Steve Wonder could see the addresses don't match and that's not something I can fix. Just seems like they could care less of the impact they're having. At least tell us what looks deceptive so we can provide clarity.

Any traction with a solution? There are some outside services that seem to offer help, any experience or opinions on those? I have a client that is 100% being attacked on their GMB.

NONE. I've gotten several emails from that that say the same thing: RFM. How can I fix something when I don't know the specific infraction. My profile is pretty basic: name, address, phone number, hours of operation. No movement on the appeal either. Just plan awful response.
----
Hi Ronnie,
Greetings for the day!

I am Varun, one of the floor supervisors from the Google Business Profile Support team. Thank you for contacting us about your business profile.

I understand that you are concerned about your business profile which has been taken down. However, we cannot help you with the exact violation as we have systems in place that checks the business profile and if the profiles are found to be in violation the profiles might be taken down from the search results.

Also, for the taken down profile as you have submitted the form you can refer to the below tool.

Thank you for contacting us about your Business Profile on Google. It looks like your issue will be best resolved through the Google Business Profile appeals tool.

For more information on GBP appeals, you can review ̣our Help Center article.

If you have further questions related to this issue, please refer to how to fix suspended Business Profiles.
For more support on a different issue, reach us through our Help Center.
If you'd like more help on this issue, reply to this email. We'll be happy to help! For help with other issues, you can always reach us via our Help Center.

Regards,

I did find this which I think he mentions in his response, it's the Appeals tool. To me its absolute BS, our GMB listing was so generic and benign there's ZERO WAY that there was deceptive content there. Instead, we suspect a competitor abusing their complaint system because the owner quickly put up a new listing only to attract a 1 star review that is comically bad and in no way reflects the business. It's a hit job and Google APPEARS to not be willing to address it. Keep me posted if you have any breakthroughs.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom