More threads by Nathan_NZ

Nathan_NZ

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm helping optimise a GMB profile for a client in Auckland, New Zealand. They say that want to target both Mandarin and English speakers and the business description is currently in Mandarin.

My questions is...can I also add an English translation to their business description to accompany the Mandarin one? Likewise, can I include both English and Mandarin text in services and products section?

I'm not sure how effective GMB will be for them at the end of the day especially targeting Mandarin speakers. Most of the searches triggering their GMB listing currently are English.

Nathan

@Nathan_NZ, yes to both questions. I've seen that done to good effect, and it's good insofar as you want the GMB page to compel Mandarin speakers to take the next step. Won't help with rankings, though. Your Maps rankings in this case, for Mandarin-language terms, will hinge mostly on the site. Particularly on whether you have plenty of info on specific services/products/treatments/offerings on your homepage (or other landing page) in the appropriate language. With the limited exception of reviews and links, all of the targeting of multiple languages happens on the site.

@Nathan_NZ, yes to both questions. I've seen that done to good effect, and it's good insofar as you want the GMB page to compel Mandarin speakers to take the next step. Won't help with rankings, though. Your Maps rankings in this case, for Mandarin-language terms, will hinge mostly on the site. Particularly on whether you have plenty of info on specific services/products/treatments/offerings on your homepage (or other landing page) in the appropriate language. With the limited exception of reviews and links, all of the targeting of multiple languages happens on the site.
Thanks Phil. This is a massive help.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom