More threads by Michael S. Doran

Solutions
Reaction score
I have a new client that is a service business and they have a commercial address where they store parts. The initial setup allowed email verification but soon asked for video. I have submitted video two times and it still isn't approved. I think I pretty much followed the Advice of Darren Shaw in his video. Still unapproved.

I find the lack of communication from Google strange. The slightest bit of feedback would be very helpful.

How are we to know what to correct without any feedback?

Hi Michael,

If you already uploaded a video but you’re being told to upload again then your video wasn’t accepted. Please make a new video and make sure it meets all of the requirements (consider adding more proof and more examples). Also, make sure there are no visible faces in the video.

What are the video requirements?
  • It must be one continuous video
  • Capture outside signs of your business location (if you have one). Examples include your street’s name, nearby businesses, or the area around your business.
  • Business or equipment. To show that your business is at this Google Maps location, capture your operations. Examples include stock for sale, branded equipment, marketing materials, and tools you use to serve your customers.
  • Proof of management. To show that you’re authorized to represent your business, capture your access to employee-only items or areas. Examples include a cash register, kitchen, storage room, or non-sensitive business documents. You can also use your keys to open your facility.

If it continues to fail you can get in touch with Google about verification issues via this form:

Thank you Colan, I will re-shoot the video and more more careful not to show any faces and to clearly show the equipment. I will let you know how this goes!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU Webinar

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom