More threads by eshad

eshad

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have had a customer message me saying that their current GMB profile has vanished and has been replaced by an old listing. The problem is that they left the old listing open and seems as though Google has now merged the listings together but has chosen the listing the customer doesn't want. From within their GMB dashboard the newer listing (which is the one they wanted) has now disappeared.

Is there any way the correct listing can be reinstated by speaking with Google. I have tried but they don't respond at the moment. The customer is happy to change the name of the listing which is live and update all the info again but before they do that I want to ensure they keep any rankings they had. From anyone's experience have they seen a drop in rankings from a change name after a merge?

Thanks

Edward

Hey Edward,

If you want to post all the specific details over at the GMB forum, I'd be happy to have Google look at it. They're currently taking around 1-2 weeks though to get back to us.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom