k.ivanova

Hello all,

I am struggling with Google My Business Help Community and Google Maps Help Community. Lately, most of the threads I create there are being deleted/hidden.

Here are a couple of examples:
https://support.google.com/business/thread/69988521 (no product experts' replies)
https://support.google.com/maps/thread/65510771 (here I have a Diamond Product Expert replies)

I've experimented with publishing threads without adding links/screenshots, yet that's not the case. Is there a bug, or I'm missing something here?

Thanks in advance, keep safe!

BenFisher

Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
I am not aware of anyone deleting your posts. Post one about the marker is a maps issue. I would post that there.

The one about products I believe is a trending issue but should resolve itself soon. as all list will have the products tab, it is slowly being migrated to listings that do not have it.

k.ivanova

Thank you for double-checking and confirming the relevance, Ben!

I have another one removed in the Maps community, which I posted twice. It was regarding spammy listings on Google Maps (just in case posting the links here - first attempt and second attempt). I can only see them when I am logged in, and now I see they are locked. There was another thread which got removed entirely and I believe I will be able to find the link in case that could turn out helpful.

Any recommendation here will certainly be not overlooked.

k.ivanova

Amazing, thanks!

So some of those removed threads were indeed hidden for a reason, yet still monitored by the PE's. I was not aware of this practice to be honest, and it makes perfect sense now. I guess I will keep monitoring the issue.

Thanks again!

Map Wrangler

Posts in the Maps Help Forum can only be deleted by the user or a Google employee.

A Product Expert (PE) can mark a post as either off-topic or abuse, which will hide the post from public view, but still won't delete it. It takes multiple steps for a PE to do that, so the chance of a post being accidentally marked are, in my view, slim.

That you can see them when logged in would be consistent with them being so marked by a PE or Google employee. FYI, all threads are automatically locked after 30 days ... I don't know if a thread so marked by a PE/Googler is automatically locked. Duplicate posts, for example, when marked as a duplicate are locked at the same time -- but are not hidden.

Are you able to see your post "Address Pin Location Update" when you are signed in?

It strikes me as unusual that a user has had multiple posts in two different forums removed from public view.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...

Local University Guide

Google Product Exert