MattCarter08

Reaction score
Hi,

Currently having a issue with two of our Google Places Listings.

screenshot.1025.png

Listing URL: https://plus.google.com/115545385716936365385/about

The correct listing is:

screenshot.1026.png

Listing URL: https://plus.google.com/104568913447239954191/about

Potential customers are seeing the wrong listing and have reported this issue back to us.

Untitled.png

We have contacted Google multiple times about this issue (phone and email) they told me to delete the Elsternwick listing (the title has actually changed to Au di Approved plus - P reowned after we deleted it) from our account which we have done to get this solved quickly.

However it has been a week and nothing has changed. And after reading the help guide, it mentions listings may still remain after deletion.

Any advice on where to go from here?

--

Thanks.

Untitled.png

screenshot.1025.png

screenshot.1026.png

Untitled.png

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Hi Matt,

Yes removing from dash won't remove a listing from maps.

I'm not sure I understand and need a little more info.

You said "two of our Google Places Listings".

And it sounds like you had both listings claimed?

So what is situation? 2 different locations? Both still open and valid?

Or was one the old address and they moved?

Or something else???

Just need to understand the real world situation.

MattCarter08

Reaction score
Hi Linda,

Thanks for your response.

There are two listings. They are two seperate businesses, in different locations. One for used cars the other for new cars. The used car dealership is appearing as the address for the new card dealer (they are in 2 seperate locations). Its sending people to the wrong dealership.

e.g.

http://localsearchforum.catalystema...rong-address-been-displayed-serp-untitled.png

The address should be 869 Nepean Hwy Bentleigh VIC not 182 Brighton Rd, Elsternwick VIC 3185

Hope that explains it better.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Thanks Matt,

That's what I thought, but it didn't make sense to me that you'd delete one if it was a valid location you were in charge of managing.

And Google telling you to delete it makes no sense either.

Just because it's now unclaimed does not mean it will stop ranking, plus it's still a valid business that should be on the map, so I don't understand why they advised that move.

I would think the name changing would have helped BUT map maker still has 2 names associated with the listing "Audi Centre Brighton Audi Approved plus" and
"Audi Centre Approved Plus Brighton"

But it looks like the correct name for the business IS "Audi Centre Brighton" so all unclaiming did was make that listing look bare with a wrong name.

The problem is on the organic side. Google search is just making an incorrect match and it's doing it in part because unfortunately the location you don't want to rank is on Brighton Road. The one you DO want to rank, does not have Brighton in the address. So when you search for Audi Brighton, that's the closest match in the algo's eyes.

I don't know what can be done. Even when we've escalated cases like this the Google local team could not really do much because it's the automated organic algo that's making the incorrect match. It's nothing to do with the local pages themselves - other than the street name and you can't really change that.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Paul Gregory Google Maps default location bias distance and the Google Maps Places API Google Algorithm Discussions 2
NickB-Tampa How can I unsync Google My Business from my Bing Places listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
U How is Google Selecting Places on Google Local Context Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Justin Mosebach Google Maps Lists (Saved Places) Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Colan Nielsen Google Now Displaying "Place Topics" on Desktop Google News: Important Changes & Features 1
S Google places email signature with updating review count Google My Business & Google Maps 9
vivekrpatel How Do We Generate Google Place API? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
JoyHawkins Google Launches Place Topics Google News: Important Changes & Features 10
Somsenater Import data from Google My Business in Bing Places for Business Local Search 11
Chay Google Map Place labels Help & Support for Google Local 2
C Tracking Google Places Traffic Google My Business & Google Maps 1
T Tracking Google Places With UTM tracking in Google Anlaytics Google My Business & Google Maps 1
bhartzer Added New Place on Maps.. Google Puts Location as My House Google My Business & Google Maps 2
B Suite Naming Conventions for Google Places Google My Business & Google Maps 2
A Which Address to Use for Ranking in Google Places Citations 11
MiriamEllis Does Google 'My Places' Still Exist? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
C ABRASIVE Re: HEADS UP - Google Removing GMB Pages and Replacing with Maps Place Pages Recycle Bin 0
Linda Buquet New Google Place Actions Pilot: Dynamic Local Schema for Appointments & Reservations Google My Business & Google Maps 1
paulg Google Places API now returns a google maps url rather than a google+ url Google My Business & Google Maps 10
Linda Buquet Haha Want a Fake Google Local Location? Place a Classified Ad Spam on Google 6
L Between a Rock and a Hard Place on Google Local - Rebranding or Moving? Moving or Name Changes 12
Linda Buquet Between a Rock and a Hard Place on Google Local - Rebranding or Moving? Moving or Name Changes 12
frederickwebpro Current best practice for G+ "introduction" (Formerly Google Places Description) Google My Business & Google Maps 2
N Google AutoComplete/AutoSuggest for places Local Search 1
Linda Buquet Busted! Google Places (GMB) Scam Company Shut Down for Lying & Intimidation Spam on Google 0
T Multiple Google Places Listing Help Help & Support for Google Local 1
F Very inconsistant NAP yet they still rank in Google Places? Ranking Puzzles 2
frederickwebpro Very inconsistant NAP yet they still rank in Google Places? Ranking Puzzles 2
Linda Buquet Major Update: New Guidelines for Google My Business (Google Places) Google My Business & Google Maps 65
K When was the last Google places update? Local Search 4
M Google Places Bulk Upload Management Not Working Propely Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Emmanuel Is Google Place Page That Is Not Claimed Considered A Dupe? Help & Support for Google Local 12
C Best Ways to Find Duplicate Google Places/Plus Listings (Post Pigeon) Google Duplicates & Merges 10
Colan Nielsen Best Ways to Find Duplicate Google Places/Plus Listings (Post Pigeon) Google Duplicates & Merges 10
M Google Places Rank Tracking Tools Local SEO Tools & Software 6
Linda Buquet Google "Places" Robocall Scammer - Caught in Lies! Google My Business & Google Maps 37
Greg Schueler I Still Have the Google Places (old) Dashboard!?!? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Linda Buquet RIP Places Search - Causing Google Local Rank Tracking Problems - New Google Update Google My Business & Google Maps 10
Linda Buquet Google "My Business" Launches! Goodbye Places for Business! HUGE Google Update! Google My Business & Google Maps 88
Linda Buquet Shady Company Holds Google Place Page Hostage - Hear Transcript Google My Business & Google Maps 6
C Google location answer box from places info Local Search 1
Ray Litvak Removing Picture from Google Places Page Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Linda Buquet New Google Local Option - Switch Place Page Over to a G+ Brand Page Google My Business & Google Maps 41
M Made Google+, then Google Places, now I have 2 listings? Help & Support for Google Local 10
M Google Places Reporting Local Search 3
B How to Claim a Google+ Places Listing for the New Business Owner? Help & Support for Google Local 7
Linda Buquet Google Places Bulk Upload Getting Full Google+ Social Upgrade + Multi-Admin Soon? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Dustybones How to properly use Google Places descriptors. Google My Business & Google Maps 10
RobinOctane Want to Cancel Verification of Google Places But Won't Let Me Google My Business & Google Maps 1
RobinOctane Google Places for Business, Suddenly Gone from Dashboard Help & Support for Google Local 9