More threads by Colan Nielsen

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Google just added a new line to their Google Posts help article in the section about "Avoid Spam"

Duplicate photos, posts, videos, and logos

FireShot Pro Webpage Screenshot #1262 - 'Business Profile posts content policy - Google Busine...jpg

What do you make of this? Does "duplicate photos" refer to stock photos? Are we not able to post the business logo on multiple posts? Only one way to find out :)

Solution
I wonder whether "duplicate posts" refers to:
  1. Using the same post more than once for a specific Google Business Profile, or
  2. Using the same post across multiple Google Business Profiles, or
  3. Both of the above
This is still happening. I posted a business closure notice with an accompanying image to all five of our locations, and two of them got flagged as spam. Of course, the content, including the image, follow Google's post guidelines. What gives? Google's own forums are absolutely mum on the issue. Every open question I could find on their forums was either closed for discussion, with no responses, or the responder just copied and pasted the post guidelines.

This is still happening. I posted a business closure notice with an accompanying image to all five of our locations, and two of them got flagged as spam. Of course, the content, including the image, follow Google's post guidelines. What gives? Google's own forums are absolutely mum on the issue. Every open question I could find on their forums was either closed for discussion, with no responses, or the responder just copied and pasted the post guidelines.

Disregard. I discovered I had included our phone number in the post, which was a breach of the rules. I tried deleting my comment above, but couldn't find a delete button.

Spammers love spamming photos on listings - maybe Google added this after seeing a duplicate photo/video attack or multiple attacks. Spammers will try anything to improve rankings!

So if we have a hero image for promo posts, we'd need to delete the old post/image before re using the same photo with a new more up to date offer?

I wonder if using a posting tool that offers the ability to post using spintax would avoid being flagged as duplicate content even with the same photo(s)?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom