More threads by Atchie

Atchie

Reaction score
It seemed as though when uploading a photo into the "Products" section in GMB, the photo of the product would get views in the insight section. It may still be seen which is helpful for our clients but when I show them the insights reports it doesn't look so good any longer. Is it now the case that only photos uploaded to the photos section directly get views counted in the insights section for photo views?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Hi Atchie, thanks for your question. Personally, I'd say that the GMB insights data on photo views isn't a great metric for client reporting (Joy outlines a lot of details on GMB insights here). Instead, I'd suggest UTM tagging your GMB products links, and measuring clicks on GMB products and their associated conversions in Google Analytics. Hope that helps!

Hi Atchie, thanks for your question. Personally, I'd say that the GMB insights data on photo views isn't a great metric for client reporting (Joy outlines a lot of details on GMB insights here). Instead, I'd suggest UTM tagging your GMB products links, and measuring clicks on GMB products and their associated conversions in Google Analytics. Hope that helps!
Thank you Claire.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom