More threads by UKSBD

UKSBD

Reaction score
Someone asked me to set up a listing for a service area based listing but they didn't want to use their physical address.
They asked me to just use my address for the verification but set the areas they provide the service as the areas covered.

All seems to make perfect sense, I created the listing, made sure it was a SAB, added about 10 areas around him (to set a 20 mile radius)

The listing went live a couple of days later, but Google is listing it as in my town, even though not set as a service area and it also appears for people searching from my town.

We don't want my town mentioned (address is hidden) and don't want it to appear for searchers from my town (about 40 miles away from him.

Why is Google doing this, when address is hidden and service area is nowhere near the town?

The FAQ make it clear that you no longer have to have a physical address to set up listings.

"Can I still use Google My Business if I don’t have a business shop front?​

"Yes! Whether you’re a home-based business or a service-area business, you can list your business details to appear on Google with or without a physical address."

It's crazy isn't it.
It's no wonder people are tempted to use fake addresses.

What is the point of the not showing an address and listing service areas if Google go by the address anyway?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom