More threads by Barb Davids

Barb Davids

Reaction score
I just noticed a little blue icon next to a business in maps. When I click the business up pops their GMB, with an excerpt of a GMB post from over a month ago. This one in particular didn't have an image attached.

Does Google "see" GMB posts for keywords? I thought they didn't.

Attachment for reference.

Cheers!
Barb

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 1.43.19 PM.png

I ran your query and I see the result that you showed in your screenshot.

It sort of looks like the underlying google review was written by the owner of that business. If you are working with a client who is a competitor of that business, you might be able to get it removed by flagging it as a conflict of interest. Maybe. It might be worth a try, at least.

I ran your query and I see the result that you showed in your screenshot.

It sort of looks like the underlying google review was written by the owner of that business. If you are working with a client who is a competitor of that business, you might be able to get it removed by flagging it as a conflict of interest. Maybe. It might be worth a try, at least.

The blue quote is actually a post that was done in October. Not a review. It's the first I've seen that google takes from old posts. I thought they only stayed fresh for like 5 days or something.

I thought they only stayed fresh for like 5 days or something.

What you'll notice if you scroll to the end of the currently-visible posts from the Business Profile (aka Knowledge Panel) is that there is a "View all" option that let you see older posts (not sure if it goes back "forever," but it seems like it might for this one).
1576173162585.png

And regardless of what we as users see, of course Google likes to retain data basically forever :)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom