Chris_Tax

Banned
Reaction score
My website keeps moving down to competitor directory listings for local SEO. I leave do follow back links and anchor text links?

Eric Rohrback

Reaction score
Hey Chris, not sure I understand your question 100%. Could you please rephrase?

Cherie Dickey

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Hey Chris,

I agree that we need a bit more information. Specifically, which directories are you noticing the drop? And I'm also not understanding your question about links...

Chris_Tax

Banned
Reaction score
You google my key words "Income Tax Fillmore" My website is number five. The ones above me are directory listings.

Yan Gilbert

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
A screenshot of the result would help us out here.

Chris_Tax

Banned
Reaction score

Yan Gilbert

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Thx.
Got some keyword stuffing on your GMB listing, but let's ignore that for now.

Same keywords, your site is #3 organic for me.

Lot's of things can be done here, but one quick answer.. get more content on the home page. Actually, all the pages are pretty weak.

Chris_Tax

Banned
Reaction score
Web content is the textual, visual, or aural content that is encountered as part of the user experience on websites. It may include—among other things—text, images, sounds, videos, and animations,

How do I keep it simple and include this in my website?

Thanks

Chris

Cherie Dickey

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Hey Chris, Thanks for the clarification.

I agree with the others. More content is definitely needed site wide. Each page should have at least 300-400 words that fully answer the searcher's question, and that content needs to be optimized using current SEO best practices for on page optimization. More words may be needed if the competition warrants it. Each search query is in fact a question that someone is asking - even if it's only one word. In order to be relevant as a result, your website needs to answer that question better than anyone else.

Images help with conversion and engagement of humans. Google bots need to have the text to crawl, so a well balanced combination is needed. If you struggle with writing copy, then I suggest hiring an experienced freelance SEO writer. If that's not in your budget, then I highly recommend taking a writing course or two. Alan Sharpe has some great ones that helped me a lot.

Good luck!

Chris_Tax

Banned
Reaction score
I had reduced the number of words on my website about 3 weeks ago. This caused a major decline on local SEO. I spent this morning adding more words. Hopefully this will increase my content

Chris

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Professor M Google My Business Messaging and Metrics are getting a boost Google My Business & Google Maps 13
STM Using Web 2.0 properties to boost local rankings in 2020? Local SEO Tools & Software 1
david.victor Facebook disabled advertising and post-boosting for a client Mobile & Social 4
F Boosting GMBs The Right Way Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Ellen Google Virtual Tour Photographer Claims Boost to Rankings Google My Business & Google Maps 3
AndySimpson Free: TechSEO Boost 2018 - Thursday, November 29, 2018 Events 1
Garrett Sussman [New Free eBook] The Agency Profit-Boosting Secrets To Pricing Review Management Local Reviews 0
djbaxter Google Speed Update: If you have a fast site, making it faster won't boost rankings Organic SEO 3
J Does adding an SSL really boost ranking ? Local Search 17
Garrett Sussman How the Best Marketing Agencies Use ORM To Boost Client Conversion Rates Local Reviews 6
Garrett Sussman 5 Tips to Strengthen Your Reputation Management Strategy and Boost Your SEO Local Reviews 0
Garrett Sussman 6 Ways To Boost Your Client?s Online Reputation Local Reviews 0
Tim Colling Can moving to a new TLD boost search rankings? Local Search 30
Linda Buquet 35 Sites For Boosting Domain Trust & How to Spread the Link Juice Organic SEO 4
Linda Buquet Will New gTLD Domains Like .dentist Boost SEO Rankings??? Local Search 21
HurricaneK8 Google Starts Giving A Ranking Boost To Secure HTTPS/SSL Sites Organic SEO 14
Linda Buquet HOT! Click-Through Boosts Local Ranking? Plus 9 Tips for Pumping Up the Volume Local Search 2
Linda Buquet 24 Awesome Local SEO Tools That Will Help You Boost Your Results Local SEO Tools & Software 3
Linda Buquet Boost Review Follow-Through With this "How to Ask for Reviews" Formula & Script Local Reviews 6
Linda Buquet Do Mobile Android Calls Boost Coogle+ Local Rankings? Study Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Linda Buquet 20+ Signals That Boost Your Local Search Visibility Local Search 2
Linda Buquet Local SEO Roadmap to Success - Research to Boost Rankings Local Search 5
greenworld_ GMB Products Image Size Google My Business & Google Maps 0
W Is it possible to remove reviews on GMB? Local Reviews 4
Jen Currier Would you set up an Architect client with a Hybrid/SAB GMB listing if the location was residential? Service Area Businesses 2
jross Incomplete GMB Listing Error? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Jen Currier Is there any advantage, besides a single sign in, to having all clients connected to our GMB account? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
R GMB star rating popup on mobile Local Reviews 4
Annika Neudecker Mysteriously vanishing GMB listings Google My Business & Google Maps 5
A Listing suspended due to account manager spamming? Google advise to create new GMB Local Search 13
chrism Local Competitor Keyword Stuffing/Similar Words In GMB Spam on Google 2
L How to reset the address that has been hidden on GMB, if they move locations? Local Search 1
S How to remove a GMB from maps of a previous owner who ran 3 businesses from the same address Google My Business & Google Maps 6
valentinb13 GMB uses residential address—but client wants to use PO Box for other citations... Citations 3
NickB-Tampa Should all the phone numbers on the landing page to our GMB listing be included in the structured data? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
FriarTuck00 Question Regarding GMB Listings and Phone Numbers Multi-Location Issues 3
Nikki Stine GMB for Gun Shop pulls in 'FFL Transfer Fee' pricing from a Facebook Post. Is this normal? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 4
D GMB showing 2 Review sections at Zero Google My Business & Google Maps 0
K GMB Adding Old Business Name & Putting True Name in Parathesis Only In English Browser Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Professor M Is Google thinking of adding payment capabilities to GMB listings/website? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Jeffrey Marking GMB as moved Moving or Name Changes 6
B Compare/Contrast different GMB location's data? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
C Changing website on GMB listing seems to have caused massive a loss of traffic :( Moving or Name Changes 1
B GMB listing missing from search, dashboard and GSC. Yikes!!! Help & Support for Google Local 3
D Backlinking for GMB Local Search 1
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR Two Different Business Places at the Same Address: Should I Add Them to GMB? Local Search 1
Scott ClientClicks How to get GMB to show social media icons in knowledge panel? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Fran GMB Suspension Contact Us Messages 3
Fran GMB Suspension Google My Business & Google Maps 2
accessted Local Falcon GMB Question Service Area Businesses 2