More threads by Chris CCMM-STM

Reaction score
Is there any benefit in GBP ranking when you use images that are geotagged, keyworded or xmp data embedded before uploading it to Google or using them in GBP posts or to any social media?

Thanks and Happy New Year guys 🥳

Google strips this data out when you upload the photo. Although I haven't tested this in a while. Do it and report back if Google still strips this data out upon upload.

Is there any benefit in GBP ranking when you use images that are geotagged, keyworded or xmp data embedded before uploading it to Google or using them in GBP posts or to any social media?

Thanks and Happy New Year guys 🥳

This is a really good question, I have geotagged customers images. I did not know that they strip that out when you upload. Everything I had read said this was a good idea, but if they strip it out then I don't need to go to that trouble. Is there some documentation I can read that pertains to this?

Google strips this data out when you upload the photo. Although I haven't tested this in a while. Do it and report back if Google still strips this data out upon upload.

So I saved a geotagged/keyworded photo out of Google Maps, though it kept the backend keyword title but it indeed stipped out all the other, tags, gps etc.

Thanks for the input klharris08 though!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom