More threads by lakesideai

lakesideai

Reaction score
New to GBP ranking, but have lots of SERP experience. One thing that's been a bit tricky is the concept of SAB and geo-relevance.

Without a localized public address, what are the ways in which Google gives geo relevance to the SAB GBPs? Any tips/tricks?

Update... just tested this with some clients GBPs and Local Falcon and you're 100% correct. WHAT THE HECK! How does that make any sense?

Follow up question: How can one remedy this situation and achieve geo-relevance in the correct service area when the verification address was 15-20 miles away?

Last edited:
It's possible, but the address needs to be the official business address. So you would need to make sure all of your business documentation is for that address.

There are also some bugs with SAB's right now so I wouldn't make any core edits until those bugs are behind us.

It's possible, but the address needs to be the official business address. So you would need to make sure all of your business documentation is for that address.

There are also some bugs with SAB's right now so I wouldn't make any core edits until those bugs are behind us.

Thanks for this info, I really appreciate it!

Is the worry regarding official business addresses in case of a suspension (thus needing official documentation)?

I guess what I was asking was barring a suspension, if the address was changed to be closer to the SAB listed would all the "rank juice" move over to the new address?

That's certainly one of the reasons. If the listing ever became suspended you would need to provide documentation stating that the business is officially registered and licensed and all that stuff at that address.

That's certainly one of the reasons. If the listing ever became suspended you would need to provide documentation stating that the business is officially registered and licensed and all that stuff at that address.

Yeah makes sense.

So let's say the verification address stays the same (20 miles away), is it still possible to give other geo signals to the area 20 miles away and realistically rank there?

How does one know when the bugs are behind us and you can start editing GBPs more freely? Just keep an eye out on this forum or something?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom