More threads by Shelly

Shelly

Reaction score
I just signed a new client that has approximately 12 location listings with an account suspension. We know the reason they were suspended is that they tried to add all the listings under a single email account (I believe possibly a Gmail but I could be wrong) without doing a bulk verification. I believe it is a soft suspension because I can find 5 of the listings still in Google Maps. However, I am not 100% on that.

I will be taking over management and working to lift the suspension. My hope is the client will grant me a domain-level email address that I can use for all of the listings once verified. My initial thoughts are:
  1. Complete the bulk verification spreadsheet
  2. Create a profile in a new Google Business Profile in the new domain-based account (as described here: How to make a bulk upload spreadsheet for Business Profiles - Google Business Profile Help)
  3. Submit the bulk verification
  4. Have the client remove all management and add in the new domain-based email as Primary owner
  5. Submit individual suspension appeals for each location
I am not sure if I have the steps in the right order or am doing something that will cause bigger issues with the suspension. Can anyone advise on if this is correct or if I am missing something important for this process? This is the first time dealing with something like this.

It sounds like you might need a second opinion from someone else to see what you're missing. We do suspension cases here but that's not an industry we work in. I'd be happy to DM you a recommendation of someone to hire if you'd like one.

It sounds like you might need a second opinion from someone else to see what you're missing. We do suspension cases here but that's not an industry we work in. I'd be happy to DM you a recommendation of someone to hire if you'd like one.

Thanks, Joy. I am going to try the website cleanup and the aggregator submissions and see if that makes a difference first. My suspicion is it is either the poor shape of the website (which we are working on) or the fact that they are not LegitScript Certified. If it's the later, that would be really disappointing because not all facilities can afford the outrageous prices for this certification.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom