More threads by amcgrath

amcgrath

Reaction score
Hi, hoping someone has insights for this issue! We have tried to update the ticket price field on the search results side panel for several months. no response or change from Google. We have tried editing business information as owner and also users. Checked GMB but tickets does not appear to be an option there like hours is. We have also had web dev company add markup to our hours and admissions fee page which has correct ticket price of $16. Thank you.

Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 12.09.41 PM.png

Hi @amcgrath,

Looking at your screenshot, it's clear that Google is pulling ticket price from the correct page. As you've discovered, there's nowhere to set this within GMB so the fact that Google is finding it is encouraging.

And getting your web developer to add structured data seems like a good idea.

This might take some tinkering. Right off the bat, I see two possibilities to try.

1.) I was going to suggest that you resubmit your sitemap to Google so that it crawls your site and finds the updated structured data. However, your sitemap at https://www.museumofplay.org/sitemap.xml doesn't contain a link to your page "Hours and Admission Fees". In fact, it doesn't contain any valid links! Get your developer to fix your sitemap and then resubmit it through Google Search Console.

2.) If #1 doesn't work (give it some time, maybe a week or two) consider updating your structured data to use the schema type "Ticket". Your site currently uses the type "Product" with the name "ticket". I don't see any specific documentation on Google Developers about ticket price so really, this is an experiment, not a guaranteed solution. To be honest, I suspect Google can parse the existing "Product" structured data as intended.

Hi @amcgrath,

Looking at your screenshot, it's clear that Google is pulling ticket price from the correct page. As you've discovered, there's nowhere to set this within GMB so the fact that Google is finding it is encouraging.

And getting your web developer to add structured data seems like a good idea.

This might take some tinkering. Right off the bat, I see two possibilities to try.

1.) I was going to suggest that you resubmit your sitemap to Google so that it crawls your site and finds the updated structured data. However, your sitemap at https://www.museumofplay.org/sitemap.xml doesn't contain a link to your page "Hours and Admission Fees". In fact, it doesn't contain any valid links! Get your developer to fix your sitemap and then resubmit it through Google Search Console.

2.) If #1 doesn't work (give it some time, maybe a week or two) consider updating your structured data to use the schema type "Ticket". Your site currently uses the type "Product" with the name "ticket". I don't see any specific documentation on Google Developers about ticket price so really, this is an experiment, not a guaranteed solution. To be honest, I suspect Google can parse the existing "Product" structured data as intended.
Thank you so much, these sound like promising ideas to try!

Tim Capper told me that you can also try using "feedback" at the bottom of the knowledge panel. It looks like this actually allows you to suggest an edit to the ticket price.

1608063934421.png

If that doesn't work, you can also try contacting GMB support.

Tim Capper told me that you can also try using "feedback" at the bottom of the knowledge panel. It looks like this actually allows you to suggest an edit to the ticket price.

1608063934421.png

If that doesn't work, you can also try contacting GMB support.
Sounds easier than what I proposed!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom