Nick Lansing

Reaction score
Hello:
I'm with a manufacturer. One of our independent dealers had his listing suspended without explanation on Wednesday. How have you appealed this sort of situation?

Our dealer's listing is a Service Area Business who also works with customers in his garage. It has no signage due to local ordinance. His listing got suspended Jan. 11 for for that reason. Makes sense considering October's rule changes.

He removed home address from the listing per Google's request. Nothing happened. He followed up with a polite email on the 16th ( I read it. It was short and polite). Reinstatement was denied on the 23rd with a cryptic "It would not be possible for us to discuss specifics of why your business is not eligible for display on Google Maps..."

Has anyone dealt with something like this? My advice would be starting from scratch and explaining the situation to a new person. My 2nd suggestion would be posting on the Google community hoping a moderator intervenes. The email string i got shows the GMB Team member handling the case has curious language skills, uses stock sentences and doesn't understand the situation well.

Thank you.

Last edited:

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
I'd suggest posting a thread on the GMB forum. I'd be happy to escalate it for you. If you don't have signs at the location, you need to be able to show Google where they can locate the business license to verify that it is in fact a real business.

Nick Lansing

Reaction score
Thank you very much, Joy. I contacted the dealer, Erin D, who will post on the GMB Forum. Erin is working a trade show this weekend but will attempt to do this today. It could be as late as Monday.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C Is there a business or service provider that fights GMB spam? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
D Spam Fighting With Reviews Spam on Google 7
D Google Spam Fighting Question Google My Business & Google Maps 6
raellovepie How I fight spam. Can I improve it? Spam on Google 9
zach.todd Free Chrome extension for GMB Spam Fighting Spam on Google 14
J New to Spam fighting Spam on Google 4
JoshuaMackens Google Maps Spam Fighting - Edits Not Approved - Solution? Local Search 28
StephanieNewton Jason Brown on Fighting GMB Spam (Podcast) Spam on Google 2
Belen C Fighting spams Spam on Google 1
Rich Owings Spam fighting SABs with home addresses Spam on Google 8
C Spam fighting questions Google My Business & Google Maps 15
A Hourly charge for GMB spam fighting Spam on Google 5
James Watt Spam Fighting Guide Local Reviews 4
James Watt Hilarious way a frustrated Business Owner fights back against spam listings Google My Business & Google Maps 3
DanLeibson Re: How to fight business knowledge graphs Recycle Bin 0
A How to fight business knowledge graphs Local Search 10
CodyBaird New Algorithm That Could Help Fight Review Spam Local Reviews 2
djbaxter Peace Ad Blocker Pulled; Advertisers Fight Back Marketing 4
Linda Buquet Local Search Webinar for Consultants: Selling to SMBs in 2015 from Street Fight Consultant's Corner 0
Linda Buquet Pigeon, Mobile, User Centroid & Local Search Spend - David Mihm @ Street Fight Local Search 0
Linda Buquet The Year in Local Search: A Timeline of the Top Stories of 2014 - Street Fight Local Search 5
HurricaneK8 More Toronto condo spam! Help fight the forces of evil! Spam on Google 4
Linda Buquet How Search Works & Fighting Spam - Inside Scoop from Google Organic SEO 3
Linda Buquet Google's Fight to Kill Search by 2020? Local Search 5
bethanie Building to Scale with Tools and Whitelabel Services - Seeking: Words of Divine Wisdom Local SEO Tools & Software 1
BekahBerry Multiple service providers with separate books of business, sharing one office, under one company name - What is the best approach to avoid filtering? Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 8
koji Local business with online nationwide services in a post-corona world Google Local 101 5
vtrjavier Good someone to provide me with types of services (ideas ) that could work in a city or country? Local Search 1
D A client has 3 verified GMB's across 2 states,with service pages for each location. Should service pages have only their respective locations address? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
NexstarNickR Book Online option for Home Services All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 5
rickvidallon How Do You Access The Buttons In Google My Business For Online Services? Local Search 4
hajnasiewicz GMB repeatedly changing Health & Safety and Service Options Local Content 6
FriarTuck00 "Hours or Services May Differ" Google My Business & Google Maps 1
B Rebranding: same services, same team, same address, new name, new URL Moving or Name Changes 9
D Can you set an end-date for Local Services Ads? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
Matt Chauhan Opinion on entering service areas within the GMB dashboard for Brick and Mortar Businesses NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
Barb Davids Ad fraud with Local Service Ads? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 6
D Local Services and Google my Business Paid Search and Local Service Ads 2
M Google Local Services Ads - Lack of Leads Paid Search and Local Service Ads 14
Mike Yem Remove 3rd party messaging service All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
harmony How Does Google Choose Service Options in a Review? Local Reviews 6
abbiebeltran Google Reviews Now Have 'Service-Testimonial-Tags' at the Top Local Reviews 1
S Local Services Ads - Fake Reviews Local Reviews 1
L Does selecting a service area for hidden address business have negative effects? Moving or Name Changes 1
U Google showing location of Service Area Business Service Area Businesses 2
mikepetersonwi Products and Services for Insurance Agency NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 1
Y Editing Service Areas Service Area Businesses 8
K Google & Google Users Removing Items From Service Menu Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Wary Goose Anyone used the Business Banking Service GMB Category in the U.S. yet? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 5
Colan Nielsen NEW Google My Business is Testing "Services" Justifications Google News: Important Changes & Features 6