More threads by Nitesh Choudhari

Reaction score
Hello team,
I have come around a GBP account which I have been viewing since last few days. I am not quite sure but it seems that they are using some illlegal ways for promoting business and getting more traffic.
Now, if they are using it, how can we know what are the ways they are using for promoting a business.

I am sharing the Google map link of the business below for reference.

For now, I have found out 2 backlinks (shared below) which are spam, the content on the page are not at all relavent for their business.
1) Not known Details About Family restaurant in Lonavla Maharashtra
2) 5 Tips about Best Event venue in Lonavla Maharashtra You Can Use Today

Hello team,
I have come around a GBP account which I have been viewing since last few days. I am not quite sure but it seems that they are using some illlegal ways for promoting business and getting more traffic.
Now, if they are using it, how can we know what are the ways they are using for promoting a business.

I am sharing the Google map link of the business below for reference.

For now, I have found out 2 backlinks (shared below) which are spam, the content on the page are not at all relavent for their business.
1) Not known Details About Family restaurant in Lonavla Maharashtra
2) 5 Tips about Best Event venue in Lonavla Maharashtra You Can Use Today

What's "so illegal" about having backlinks on from irrelevant pages? Is it wrong based on some T&C's of Google?

What's "so illegal" about having backlinks on from irrelevant pages? Is it wrong based on some T&C's of Google?
Consider a condition below:
Suppose. if there is a page or a post with a content on restaurant and from that page if someone has given a backlink for a barber shop. Now in this case the content on the page is not at all relevant to the backlink which is provided.

I personally think it is illegal. What do you think?

Consider a condition below:
Suppose. if there is a page or a post with a content on restaurant and from that page if someone has given a backlink for a barber shop. Now in this case the content on the page is not at all relevant to the backlink which is provided.

I personally think it is illegal. What do you think?

Nitesh, are you using the word illegal to describe when someone breaks the rules or guidelines? Or do you actually mean you believe it’s against the law and the government can prosecute you for it? I think there might be a misunderstanding in the use of the word. What you describe may very well be against Google‘s guidelines.

Nitesh, are you using the word illegal to describe when someone breaks the rules or guidelines? Or do you actually mean you believe it’s against the law and the government can prosecute you for it? I think there might be a misunderstanding in the use of the word. What you describe may very well be against Google‘s guidelines.

Thank you for bringing my misunderstanding to notice.
Yes. You are right instead of saying illegal, I should have said it against guidelines.
Considering the above example of a Barber and Restaurant, is it okay or against the guidelines to buy backlinks from a website or blog not relevant to the niche?
I would request to refer to the links I posted in my query, where we can see that the business is trying to get backlinks by creating a post on some website. Secondly, the post is irrelevant to the website where the link is directing.
If it is not relevant and some businesses are doing things against guidelines, is there any way to bring the same to Google's notice?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom