Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
google-review-links-800-hero.jpg

Image credit: Greg Gifford at the Search Engine Land link below.​

As you all know by now, the Google+ update leaves a lot of Local features out, including Reviews. And now none of the old Google Review links you've generated will work. So check any links on your site or emails that ask for reviews and change them with some of the suggestions below from Greg Gifford at Search Engine Land.

Greg shares how to use the Grade.us Review Link Generator - in detail with screenshots.

And since Grade.us just came on board as one of our new forum sponsors I wanted to be sure to share here too.

<a href="http://searchengineland.com/get-google-review-links-g-update-237190">How To Get Google Review Links After The G+ Update</a>

How To Give Customers A Link For Reviews

The only real shakeup with this update is the fact that the links we’ve been using for customer reviews will be broken. Since reviews aren’t a part of the Google Plus experience anymore, you can’t send customers there to leave reviews. Even worse, everyone’s favorite auto-pop-up-review-box trick (adding &review=1 to the URL) doesn’t work anymore, either.

All of the Local SEO experts started tinkering… links that popped up review boxes worked, but only if a user is signed in to Google. Other links worked regardless of being signed in, but only on desktop. After testing several different variations, a few people created automated tools to assist with review link generation.

Grade.us pushed out the tool that we’ve been using for all of our clients (and recommending to everyone). Head over to their Review Link Generator and follow these steps:

So head over to see the screenshots and Greg's step-by-step explanation.

And watch for our announcement about Grade.us that's coming tomorrow.

google-review-links-800-hero.jpg

Jon Hall

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, Linda--and a big thanks to Greg for the mention! I'm glad to see our little tool easing the pain of Google changes.

I'm not yet sure how I feel about seeing my mug popping up on the banners around here, LOL. Anything for the company, I suppose :)

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
I'm not yet sure how I feel about seeing my mug popping up on the banners around here, LOL. :)

Haha. I think your mug adds some personality to this place Jon. :) It's great to see the face of a real person in a banner instead of just marketing copy.

FYI all, here is the announcement I promised that shares a lot more about Grade.us and the white label solutions it offers.

<a href="http://www.localsearchforum.com/grade-us-review-management-solutions/38691-white-label-orm-review-management-solutions-grade-us.html">White-label ORM & Review Management Solutions by Grade.us</a>

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Caroline S Am I safe including Google's logo in my website for review link purposes? Websites, Software, and Security 3
djbaxter How to find a direct link to leave a Google Review for your business Google My Business & Google Maps 7
A Which link to use for company Google profile and reviews? Google My Business & Google Maps 10
KevinWag Google Reviews link that works on desktop and mobile Local Reviews 5
Eric Shanfelt VIDEO TIP: How to Make a Direct Google Reviews Link Local Reviews 4
ValerieM Link Generator for Google+ Review Pages Recycle Bin 1
S Nifty tool to get a direct link to review on Google Local Reviews 4
Linda Buquet Free Tools for Generating Google Review Links now that G+ Reviews are Gone Google My Business & Google Maps 10
Linda Buquet Google+ Links & Reviews Stripped from the Branded SERPs Now Too Google My Business & Google Maps 3
rossicone Google Review Filter & Linking Directly to G+ Local Reviews 9
Linda Buquet Major Update? Missing Links to Google+ Local Pages and New Review Windows Google My Business & Google Maps 24
Linda Buquet How to DIRECT Link To Review Box on Google+ Local Pages Local Reviews 5
Don Archer Google business listing with 482 Real Review Missing. How do I get them back? Help & Support for Google Local 2
Nikki Stine Are negative Google reviews due to supply shortages considered 'off-topic'? Local Reviews 2
Phil Rozek Google Maps reviews get "New" label for reviews less than 1 month old Local Reviews 5
harmony How Does Google Choose Service Options in a Review? Local Reviews 6
abbiebeltran Google Reviews Now Have 'Service-Testimonial-Tags' at the Top Local Reviews 1
djbaxter Google Maps Removed 55M Reviews & 3M Fake Business Profiles Spam on Google 4
C Fake google reviews on google my business Contact Us Messages 2
M Google rule for collecting reviews from a dedicated tablet inside a store ? Local Reviews 8
R Facebook reviews dropped to 0; Google filtering reviews temporarily? Local Reviews 2
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR Review Schema Mark up and Google My Business Reviews Local Search 4
djbaxter How to Delete a Google Review Local Reviews 1
NevenaIvanova Review replies disappeared from Google Google My Business & Google Maps 9
nathangdavidson Anyone using Google's Marketing Kit tool to promote reviews? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
h.ottenhausen Google Reviews on Website (SABs) Service Area Businesses 0
mihir23192 What could have caused the sudden jump in Number of Google Reviews? 50 to 3500 Help & Support for Google Local 2
hollykaufman Google Review Responses Missing Local Reviews 2
Danish Blackmail Review (Asking money to remove it) | Google support does not wish to take it down Local Reviews 2
Y One of my rivals bought 5 stars 100 spam reviews in 2 weeks Google does not care Google My Business & Google Maps 1
rickvidallon Google Not Updating Number of Reviews Local Reviews 2
kathleen.rhodes DUP Any news on Google resuming GMB Reviews? Recycle Bin 0
Jac Delay notice on new Google review is removed Local Reviews 0
Jac Any news on Google resuming GMB Reviews? Local Reviews 62
keyserholiday New Google reviews are working Local Reviews 3
M Multiple reviews changed to “A Google User” Help & Support for Google Local 2
keyserholiday Google review replies are working again. Local Reviews 6
nathangdavidson Asking clients to use specific words in Google reviews, against guidelines? Local Reviews 2
JoyHawkins Google suspends reviews and Q&A for Covid-19 Google News: Important Changes & Features 27
FriarTuck00 Big Jump in Number of Google Reviews - Why? Local Reviews 3
P WP Plugins to display reviews from Google no longer work due to API keys issues Websites, Software, and Security 4
D Do you need a Google account to leave a review? Local Reviews 8
J Fake Google Reviews How To Report The Most Effective Way? Spam on Google 1
Michael Charvet Google Dropping Reviews for Education Institutions? Local Reviews 2
D Do google punish google my businesses with only 5 star reviews? Recycle Bin 1
D Duration After Visit to Solicit Google Reviews Recycle Bin 0
mattrigg Duration After Visit to Solicit Google Reviews Google My Business & Google Maps 2
BrandonSchmidt Positive Attributes appearing in Google Reviews? Local Reviews 3
JoyHawkins Google Adds "Get More Reviews" Button in Knowledge Panel Google News: Important Changes & Features 3
J Negative Google Reviews that have been hidden behind fake business Moving or Name Changes 10