More threads by dteb

dteb

Reaction score
We have a client that has a couple dozen verified GBP listings, and is opening 6 new locations that will need verification.

They won’t be able to use postcards to verify due to communication constraints between the kiosks and corporate side of things. Also, the new locations aren’t listed on the main company website.

We do have photos of the locations, both interior and exterior, including signage.

What would be the best way to verify new listings – through bulk verification or another way such as emailing Google support directly?

So, if you have all the verified listings under an individual user account, you may be eligible for Bulk Listing verification. However, if you're an agency with a business account and the listings are in that account, you will not be able to bulk verify.

Also, if these are services area businesses, you won't be eligible for bulk verification either. Read more about bulk verification requirements here, to see if you're eligible.

If bulk verification is not an option, typically Google requires postcards sent to the location. However, I've been seeing on the Google forums more and more recently Google offering text, call, and video verification options in place of a postcard. If you set up the profiles manually (in the account with the other verified listings in the same chain) you may get one of those options but not guaranteed. If you do end up getting the postcard option only, at this point you can contact GBP support and discuss options with them.

I'd go with bulk if you can, it's the quickest and easiest way.

So, if you have all the verified listings under an individual user account, you may be eligible for Bulk Listing verification. However, if you're an agency with a business account and the listings are in that account, you will not be able to bulk verify.

Also, if these are services are businesses, you won't be eligible for bulk verification either. Read more about bulk verification requirements here, to see if you're eligible.

If bulk verification is not an option, typically Google requires postcards sent to the location. However, I've been seeing on the Google forums more and more recently Google offering text, call, and video verification options in place of a postcard. If you set up the profiles manually (in the account with the other verified listings in the same chain) you may get one of those options but not guaranteed. If you do end up getting the postcard option only, at this point you can contact GBP support and discuss options with them.

I'd go with bulk if you can, it's the quickest and easiest way.

Thanks so much for the reply @ElizabethRule, that information is very helpful!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom