More threads by Barb Davids

Barb Davids

Reaction score
One of my client sites is showing almost no traffic from their Google listing to GA3. I double checked, the UTM codes are on the URL. Insights doesn't show there's any issue; traffic as normal.

Has anyone else experienced this or have ideas why this might be happening?

Thank you for your consideration.

- Barb

Hi Barb, any chance you can share the URL of the listing and a screenshot of GA showing how you are trying to view the UTM data?

Hi Colan,
I went to grab a video for you and just noticed the source had a capital Local instead of a lowercase local, and the lowercase local is what's not showing.

So I thought it was because of that. But I don't see any traffic from the capital Local source.
I went to the link and watch realtime; GA is stripping away the tracking parameters and attributing the traffic to direct-none.

Have you heard of that happening before?

Cheers!
Barb

I was just reminded, we changed the link to capital on purpose to see if that would help. It didn't.

It's just stripping out the parameters.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom