More threads by david.victor

david.victor

Reaction score
One of my clients has a hybrid SAB with a physical location.

99.9% of the time, they meet clients at their location or a coffee shop.

0.1% of the time, they meet at the office, which is a bit small, but still an office.

For this type of "hybrid" business, should the company list both their physical address, AND add in the "Service Areas"?

Thanks and apologies if this was answered elsewhere!

Hey David,

If it's important for customers to see what their service area is on the map I would add them, yes. Adding service areas doesn't impact ranking, but it adds a shaded border to the map indicating their service area.

I would like to add onto David's question if that's ok.

Let's say that his client didn't care if the address was listed on Google because only 0.1% of clients will ever go there (and those people already know his address from other means). What would rank better for his client's SAB? Showing the address on the listing or hiding it by saying they are SAB only?

Any difference?

There's a couple reasons I would keep the address visible if possible.

1. If you hide your address, your listing won’t have a pin marker on it. Which means that you are losing out on some visibility
  2. There are a ton of cases that have convinced me that there might be a decrease in ranking/visibility when you hide your address. We have not had an opportunity to test this yet but here is are two threads that share several examples.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom