More threads by DanielTexasLira

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,

I ran into an issue where I cannot move a handful of listings into a new group that I created as a way to organize my profile account in GBP. I recently got 'Owner' access to these listings but still got this alert. Does this mean I would need 'Primary Owner' access to even transfer locations to another group in my account? Or is this part of the 7-day waiting period that is involved when you're a new user to a listing?

1678133293510.png

Solution
Yup, that seems to be the answer. It was the 7-day security feature, you'll have to wait for 7 days after accepting ownership of each listing in order to move them into a specific business group.
Yep, tried one at a time, and it still doesn't work. I also double-checked if I had the 'Owner' access as well with each individual listing.

1678146393310.png

I did notice this whenever I clicked on the listing through the GBP profile, it says that its not publicly visibile. It's strange because the listing says it's verified and when I search through Google search, the listing shows up like normal. Maybe a bug?

1678146552574.png

Hello,

I ran into an issue where I cannot move a handful of listings into a new group that I created as a way to organize my profile account in GBP. I recently got 'Owner' access to these listings but still got this alert. Does this mean I would need 'Primary Owner' access to even transfer locations to another group in my account? Or is this part of the 7-day waiting period that is involved when you're a new user to a listing?

1678133293510.png

If it's been less than seven days, that would be by far the most likely cause.

Yup, that seems to be the answer. It was the 7-day security feature, you'll have to wait for 7 days after accepting ownership of each listing in order to move them into a specific business group.

Solution
That is beyond stupid on Google’s part.
In a way, it makes sense because in-account GBP groups are treated literally as though they were separate users (you can have a GBP in more than one group). Whether choosing to program it that way intially was a good idea is more debatable.

Hello,

1678133293510.png

Pretty sure you need primary ownership to put them into a separate group.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom