More threads by jasonfox

jasonfox

Reaction score
We are a John L. Scott affiliate real estate office. We have 40 independant contractors (agents) that work out of our physical location.

About 12 of them have been allowed to create GMB profiles. But the rest are getting rejected.

How can we get them each a GMB as they are all invidual businesses running out of the same address?

Hi Jason, can you clarify what you mean when you say the listings are getting rejected?

One thing to keep in mind is that even if the listings do get verified there's low chance that most of them will even rank due to a filter that Google has for businesses with the same category at the same address.

Thanks

Hey Colan. I am not sure the agents are just telling me that GMB will not allow them to create a profile.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for best practices. Not using an address, using virtual office or a home office??

Jason

They would probably have a better chance each getting their listing at the home address, and they wouldn't deal with the rank overlap at the office address. However they would need to hide the address on the listing if verified at home.

Hi @jasonfox - we have a real estate company client with several agents.

First, we build agent micro-sites for each agent where they can feature their own listings, etc... sort of like them having their own branded world with with the agency.

Second, I've consulted with them on this issue before and told them exactly what @Yan Gilbert is recommending... have them create GMB listings at their home address and hide the address.

If they do not do business out of their home would this not violate the Google TOS?

They would probably have a better chance each getting their listing at the home address, and they wouldn't deal with the rank overlap at the office address. However they would need to hide the address on the listing if verified at home.

If they do not do business out of their home would this not violate the Google TOS?
I have wondered about this as well. When is it appropriate to use a home address for verification? Is this for SAB only?

When they hide their home address, they are considered to be an SAB. This fits with what an agent would do; travelling to other locations to meet with clients.

@EmilyW using a home address is allowed but if they do not have outdoor signage then it is required to hide the address. Also, you can't use a home address to create an additional listing for a business if one already exists at a different location.

@EmilyW using a home address is allowed but if they do not have outdoor signage then it is required to hide the address. Also, you can't use a home address to create an additional listing for a business if one already exists at a different location.

Thanks for the elaboration!

Did you try creating and/or verifying the listings at the office?

I would try that for the agents who are still having problems. Make sure location services are on while you do it so Google can see that it is happening at the physical location.

If the agents have offices or suites that they are assigned, that might help also.

When they hide their home address, they are considered to be an SAB. This fits with what an agent would do; travelling to other locations to meet with clients. Chad Kimball cost

I don't understand what the difference is between this and using a virtual office like Regus or a mailbox store or something to get the postcard? Google has clearly said getting the postcard at a virtual office is against their terms.

@jasonfox tell your agents to create the listing and request the pin postcard. If the listing gets suspended, have them fill out the reinstatement request form. Google will follow up with the agent. I agree with @Colan Nielsen and if all of the agents at one location are creating listings, it will dilute the rankings and performance.

I don't recommend having them use their home address and hiding their address and that is not helpful for them or their clients.

Thank you for all your input. It sounds like there is not a really great answer for this.

I am seeing more cases of Google immediately suspending real estate listings. There is an extra step that is needed by going through the reinstatement process.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom