More threads by Michael Ferrari

Reaction score
Is anyone else having an issue with how Google is showing info about COVID testing? I have a client who does testing by appointment only. We marked this off in the Health & Safety attributes (even though I think that pertains to all appointments, not just COVID testing). It looks like GMB is recognizing that, but they're also providing some incorrect info as well, as you can see in the attached image.

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 1.46.49 PM.png

I'm seeing this on mobile and desktop. Has anyone else encountered this? Is this just a bug or is there something I can do to fix it? I looked throughout the site and couldn't find any language suggesting appointments were not required, so I'm not sure where that info is coming from.

I haven't seen a bug of that kind, though maybe maybe there is one, for all I know.

But to me it looks like the issue here is crappy UI on Google's part. My reading is that in the first section Google wants to denote that "As a COVID testing center, this clinic doesn't require an appointment. You can walk right in and get a test." In the second section, Google tries to denote that for other, non-COVID-testing services, you need an appointment.

Of course, the way things are mashed together it all just looks contradictory and confusing.

Thanks for the input! Yeah, I was sort of afraid it was just a UI issue as well. I'll try to bring it to Google's attention in the forum, but for now I guess I'll have to mark this off as a nice little "perk" of using GMB. Thanks again!

Hi There,

My team works with a client in the Urgent Care space and the information you are referencing is sourced by Google form third parties. If left unchecked Google may pull this information form sources like the CDC as well as local Government sites.

You can read about this in more detail here Add a COVID-19 test site - Google My Business Help

While you cannot manually go into GMB and change this information, you can consider using https://my.castlighthealth.com/corona-virus-testing-sites/ to submit your testing information and it takes sometime but Google has published the updates we have suggested for our clients in the panels.

@michaelrosa640 This is all great info! I don't know why I didn't suspect a third-party influence in the first place. Thanks so much for sharing this--I'll give it a try!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom