More threads by dnp

dnp

Reaction score
Hello!

First off, I'm very new to this, but is it possible to create and verify a new GBP listing for a new business (different category than the existing one) with the same address but using a different phone number? What verification document type Google may ask? TIA!

Hello!
Yes this is possible, just go into your Google listing and make the necessary changes. Then at the top of your listing it will say penning verification. Choose to verify buy having google mail you a new verification code. Once the code arrives (5 business days) put the code in and your all done. P.S When make the changes you won't be able to get any reviews until you get your new verification code. www.gsmobiletireshop.com

First off, I'm very new to this, but is it possible to create and verify a new GBP listing for a new business (different category than the existing one) with the same address but using a different phone number? What verification document type Google may ask? TIA!

Hi @dnp, you definitely can have more than one unique business share the same address and each have their own GBP listing. For example, my business is located in what I would call a multi-tenant office building with 30 other businesses. We all share the same address, with the exception of different Suite Numbers. FYI, google doesn't really care about suite numbers.

The main points are that you should legally be licensed as separate businesses, different phone number (which you already mentioned), and signage for each businesses name. The only time we've run into issues, is when there is another business at the same address that provides the same category of business. Several years ago another business in our building did similar work and it did cause some issues for our existing GMB/GBP listing.

Here is a great article from Moz that covers the above and much more: Google My Business: FAQ for Multiple Businesses at the Same Address.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom