More threads by JaredCaraway

JaredCaraway

Reaction score
My client is requesting that we remove their Google Business listing. (I am well aware that this is a horrible decision, but they are insistent. It's a long story not worth getting into here.)

Is it the case that you can only mark locations as closed or remove them from your account, but not actually delete them?

I've never been asked to delete a profile before, so I'm just trying to confirm that my understanding is correct.

200.gif

Solution
Hi Jared, Google won't remove listings unless they don't qualify for a listing in the first place. The only other option you sometimes have is if you can make a case that the listing is causing some sort of privacy or safety issue.
Hi Jared, Google won't remove listings unless they don't qualify for a listing in the first place. The only other option you sometimes have is if you can make a case that the listing is causing some sort of privacy or safety issue.

Solution

Suspected as much. Thanks for the confirmation (and superhuman response time), Colan.

What is the reason for the hospital not wanting to give them access to the profile? In general, Google actually considers the practitioner listing to belong to the practitioner. But I have found that how Google handles that varies depending on a few different factors.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom