More threads by leves

leves

Reaction score
Ive been doing some reading on Google Local Search Ads.

I see allot of Local Search Ads showing up if you search for a local service in google maps, but less so when you search for a local service in the local pack of the SERPS.

Is it possible to ensure that the a Local Search ad will only show up in the local pack of the SERPs and not in google maps ?

My rational is the service we are advertising is a local service consultancy service, its a local service, but not local in the same way a someone searching for a local coffee shop would consider. Eg. if your searching for a local coffee shop you may use google maps search, but if your searching for a local consultancy service you will probably just stick to the mains SERPS / SERP local pack.

By local search ad in the SERP i mean this (see attached screenshot)

Last edited:
Solution
@leves: ibid. If you run AdWords, there is only one way to keep your ads out of the map (when Google shows them). Then the big questions are which keywords you target and what geography you target in traditional AdWords. There, unlike in the "Maps ads," you can control much more exactly where you show and where you don't. One can't control the location-extension / Maps ads in the same way, where either the faucet is on or off.
@leves, yes: simply disable the location extension(s). Or, if they're not running currently, you can leave them off. With location extensions disabled, your ad will stay in the standard PPC results and not get sucked into the map.

@leves, yes: simply disable the location extension(s). Or, if they're not running currently, you can leave them off. With location extensions disabled, your ad will stay in the standard PPC results and not get sucked into the map.
Hi Phil, sorry i dont think i was very clear in my original question, ive updated it to add a screenshot and some additional wording, if you have a minute would you mind having another look, thanks

@leves: ibid. If you run AdWords, there is only one way to keep your ads out of the map (when Google shows them). Then the big questions are which keywords you target and what geography you target in traditional AdWords. There, unlike in the "Maps ads," you can control much more exactly where you show and where you don't. One can't control the location-extension / Maps ads in the same way, where either the faucet is on or off.

Solution
Is it possible to ensure that the a Local Search ad will only show up in the local pack of the SERPs and not in google maps ?
No, there isn't. Once you enable the location extension it will automatically show in both.

I am new to paid ads. I was against them for the longest time till the vicinity update. I would like to only advertise in the map section not in paid search. I am google guaranteed for LSA and awhile back, I was fortunate to be fast and acquire the google guaranteed map badge for $50 a month which was the best investment ever.
Sadly that was discontinued.

I am willing to outbid my competition. I just do not wish to show up in paid search ads.

Many thanks and appreciation.

Per my last comment, there isn't a way to only show up in the local pack and nowhere else.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom