More threads by sarkarn

sarkarn

LocalU Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Are cryptocurrency not eligible for bulk verification? A contact of mine who heads marketing for a large brand submitted the requests and got rejected stating the businesses were not eligible. I wasn't able to locate anything specific in the GMB community forum or documentation.

Best
Niladri

Solution
If it's a standalone ATM, it should qualify.

However, a lot of these crypto companies have relationships with retailers where their customers can fund their bitcoin wallets on an app, and then "checkout" at a retailer (think like a Walgreens) to complete the transaction. If the "point of sale" is with the retailer and not the business, and there's not a standalone brick and mortar location/kiosk, it wouldn't qualify for a Google profile.
Can you clarify what you mean? Are you referring to a company that does crypto investing? Please clarify.

Thanks!
@Colan - There are several crypto companies who help trade online and also have ATMs. Examples: Coinflip.tech, bitcoindepot.com etc. They have ATMs that they usually verify manually but its a massive effort trying to verify hundreds of them manually.

Hi,

Are cryptocurrency not eligible for bulk verification? A contact of mine who heads marketing for a large brand submitted the requests and got rejected stating the businesses were not eligible. I wasn't able to locate anything specific in the GMB community forum or documentation.

Best
Niladri
Hi Niladri,

There is nothing in the Google My Business guidelines stating this category is not eligible for bulk verification. I would imagine there could be other discrepancies possibly with signage or proof of location that could prove to be a hurdle. Did Google say that the type of location is ineligible for bulk?

Hi Niladri,

There is nothing in the Google My Business guidelines stating this category is not eligible for bulk verification. I would imagine there could be other discrepancies possibly with signage or proof of location that could prove to be a hurdle. Did Google say that the type of location is ineligible for bulk?
Hi Krystal,
This is what the GMB team mentioned in their email which was not very specific:
"We've performed checks and understood that the business listings which you want to bulk verify are not eligible for the bulk verification process, as it doesn’t comply with our eligibility guidelines."

I'm not sure about the specifics of the eligibility criteria, but it's possible that it might vary depending on the location and regulations of the businesses in question.

If it's a standalone ATM, it should qualify.

However, a lot of these crypto companies have relationships with retailers where their customers can fund their bitcoin wallets on an app, and then "checkout" at a retailer (think like a Walgreens) to complete the transaction. If the "point of sale" is with the retailer and not the business, and there's not a standalone brick and mortar location/kiosk, it wouldn't qualify for a Google profile.

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom