More threads by Ryanl

Ryanl

Reaction score
Check it out here:

Thanks Joy! It was an honor to have you one and I appreciate your time. You did a great job. The delay on some of the questions and answers threw me off a little. I wasn't trying to talk over you haha. Hope to meet you soon!

Really great podcast, I really enjoyed your conversations about Yelp advertising especially.

I think that is such an under-discussed thing right now.

@Ryanl Is there a transcript posted anywhere? Craig has me wondering what Joy said about Yelp advertising!

@Ryanl Is there a transcript posted anywhere? Craig has me wondering what Joy said about Yelp advertising!

No transcript yet but here is the scoop.
1) Yelp probably is the hardest to trick with fake reviews
2) I pay for ads and realized they were using my ad money to drive leads to my competitors so I shut off the "get a quote" feature.

Those were the two main topics on Yelp that I recall. Maybe @CraigJMount can add to it.

Thanks, Ryan. My impression is that Yelp ads have a really poor ROI, but I have heard a few people reporting success with them.

I do well. The ROI is good and I have high expectations. My theory is, if you have a decent amount of good reviews and your competitors don't, you should do really well with ads. If you suck with reviews and others are doing well, your ads won't perform well. I bit the bullet and paid for ads early to help me get more "yelpers" hire us so we can build the reviews. I know have one of the better profiles and we do very well but it's a long term strategy and you have to have the money and patience to put into it.

Like most things, there are no secrets. Mostly common sense and a bit of marketing experience.

I pay for ads and realized they were using my ad money to drive leads to my competitors so I shut off the "get a quote" feature.

The "request additional quotes" feature you were referring to here. Yes, that is exactly what I was talking about.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom