More threads by Belen C

Belen C

Reaction score
Hello,

I need some advice if anyone knows of how could i do to distinguish 2 listings.

I have two hotels that they almost share the same name. And this is making a conflict to activate the knowledge panel.
If i make the search of any of both location it will activate the knowledge panel of ONE of the hotels.
i know cause of the distance between one and the other and the name it will be hard.
But at least if it activate the 3 pack that would be great.

Does anyone have any recommendation of how i can differentiate them?

Thanks in advance

Are they also in the same city? Do they link to different domains?

Hello, yes they are in the same city (less than 1 km apart). And they have different domains.
Also i know its going to be hard cause the name of the listing mention the city, in this case Casablanca.

If the names are almost-identical I've found that it often takes quite a bit of time for a new location to break a one-box. I'm not really sure there is a way around it.

Legally Change the name using a D.B.A (Doing Business As) Then pick a good keyword name.

@Belen C, do you - or your guests - have a "nickname" for each of the hotels? Like "Casablanca Suites North" and "Casablanca Suites South"?

(If so, there are a couple of steps I suggest.)

Hello,

The names are like this:
- Barcelo (brand name) Casablanca (business name)
- Barcelo (brand name) Anfa Casablanca (business name)

Both are located in the street Anfa, so there is what is making it complicated. Making both searches it would activate me the KP of Barceló Casablanca. I will conform if at least the 3 pack activate when i search for Barcelo Anfa Casablanca.

Thanks everyone for you help!

@Belen C, a few suggestions:

1. Consider tuning up the landing page for one of the hotels, so it's more relevant to a specific part of town. I see one of them is very near the Racine quartier. On that hotel's landing page, you may want to optimize for "near Racine quartier" -type search terms, and mention nearby landmarks and transportation stops. People searching in a different part of Casablanca will be more likely to see that hotel in the 3-pack, rather than the other hotel.

2. Give it more time, and keep getting reviews. I notice one of them has 100+ Google reviews, whereas the other has 400+. Over time, the latter location will probably show up in the knowledge panel less, and instead you'll see more branded 2-pack results.

3. I'd check rankings mainly in the AdWords Ad Preview & Diagnosis tool. Because the two hotels are so close together, the knowledge panel / one-box / 2-pack results you see will be very dependent on the searcher's exact location. The preview tool will let you check with the most precision.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom