More threads by Colan Nielsen

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
Bright Local released their annual local search industry survey and the results are insightful.

The survey looks at the attitudes and experiences of people managing marketing for local or multi-location businesses, as well as freelance and in-agency marketers. Throughout the report, we have segmented answers where useful to help readers understand how their peers are working, as well as giving insights for client-side marketers to help them excel in their business.

A huge thank you to the 475 local marketers who shared their insights to help create this report, and to everyone that shared the survey to help get the word out!

I found it interesting that 26% of respondents have been working in the industry for 10 to 15 years. I am seeing so many up and coming talented local SEO's that I would have thought this number to be lower. But I think that is more of a reflection of who this survey is sent to and not necessarily a true reflection of the entire current local SEO community. But these types of discussions are why the research Bright Local does is so important!

What are you seeing that jumped out as surprising or interesting?

Hey, thanks for sharing Colan! Personally, I was surprised that word of mouth is still deemed the most successful channel for sourcing clients — maybe that makes me naive but in such a digital-focused world (and industry) it did stand out to me. I guess some methods have stood the test of time for a reason :D

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom